Hormones??

greeneyes27

Reaction score
I just need to post this here as I'm feeling slightly crazy the last few days, just been to see the midwife and everything was ok but my blood pressure was all over the place due to stress. I'm 26 weeks and feeling very hormonal.

My DH has been on a stag do in Portugal for the last 6 days (we've never spent this amount of time apart before), he gets back today but whilst I was ok with this (I was the one who said it was ok that he went!) and was completely fine for the first 3 days of him being away, I have struggled so badly the last few days. I've felt out of mind with worry about what he's doing, being jealous because I'm at home looking after our 6 year old, feeling really lonely, not sleeping, crying like a stupid banshee all the time. I am not not being normal but I seem to have lost the plot, I feel so angry with him for going away for a whole week, he's been out until all hours every night and for some reason I am really hurt. Even writing this I've got tears streaming down my face.

I feel like I don't want to see him when he gets back, I feel really upset about all of it. I don't even want to pick him up from the airport.

I've also not hidden this very well and for someone who is usually so easy going and supportive, I've been crying and sending him a mixture of whiney, over the top lovey and plainly horrible messages like some kind of stupid teenager (I'm 34). He thinks I am mad and is now furious with me.

I just needed to get this out, sorry for being so irrational, I realise I am being irrational and its probably just hormones but I needed to vent.

hormones are no joke! Yesterday I felt sad all day over something that happened years ago... they make us think things are like 80xs worse somedays! Hang in there mama. Hopefully you'll be feeling normal in a few days :) Just try and stay busy.

:hugs: It's okay. You're not alone. Pregnancy makes many of us feel CRAZY. These hormones are out of CONTROL! Yesterday, I had a screaming match with my mother, which is completely out of character for me! The day before, I was screaming at my OH! I've just been a mess right now and can't get myself together. It's not you, and please remind your OH that your hormones ARE going pretty nutty right now. This will pass!

For whatever it's worth, a few weeks ago I was furious with my wife because she asked me to stop at the store on my way home from work to pick up food for the baby. Explain that one!

Hormones are rough. When I know that I'm in a hormonal place I try to express that to my wife. With the above example - I told her I was angry. (Actually, she said "you seem angry" to which I responded "that's because I'm not trying to hide it" lol...) When I can, I tell her that I know it's hormones but I'm really pissed off about x. That way it kind of gives me the space to be angry (because man, those emotions are REAL!) while at the same time letting her know that I realize, on some level, that it's irrational so she just needs to let me be angry in the moment.

Doesn't always work, but it works sometimes.

You're not alone. Hope you're feeling better soon. :flower:

Hormones are a nightmare. I went for a promotion at work and was told the other day that there would be a second round of interviews and I just burst into tears. I have no idea why really. It's not a no, in fact my manager said my interview went really well but I just felt so annoyed they couldn't give me an answer this week like I expected! I feel totally fine about it now, not annoyed at all!

I'd say with your husband, do your best to keep reminding yourself he hasn't actually done anything wrong and you have no reason to be cross with him! It's to be expected he's out drinking on a stag do right? Although who has a 6 day stag do?! They must be feeling pretty knackered! Can you have a chat to him on the phone before he comes home to clear the air? Or send him a text or email to just explain you've been feeling really down with him away! I'm sure once you see him, you'll feel so much better! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->