Horrible Cramps?

nurseh14

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I was wondering if any of you experience really painful menstrual cramps every Period? I have excruciating pain where all i can do is cry,use the heating pad, and pass out. I was wondering if having bad cramps/heavy periods have any effect on TTC. This is my 5th cycle and i know its early but i am just worried. I have mentioned the cramps to the doctor and all she did last time was put me on b/c which helped with cramps but i didn't like it and now obviously can't use now. Any one have a similar experience thanks and :dust:.

Hiya,

I also have really bad cramps - first 2 days of my cycle. I cant say its as bad as yours where i would pass out but its to the point where i just roll around in pain with no way of stopping it.

I have got it down to a T now - when i first start bleeding i take co-codimal (sp) and wear a heat pad - this seems to tame the pain to the point where i can feel it but i can still go about my daily duties. I always take the tablets before bed the first 2 days as i wake up in the night in extreme pain. I find the heat pads amazing and they really work for me.

Perhaps you should go back to the doctors and suggest a different doctor for a second opinion. I dont know the effects it will have on ttc sorry.

Hopefully you will get your BFP soon and you will no longer need to worry about period pains. Good luck xx

Hey I have them too, cramps in legs, tummy and back, vomiting everywhere (nice lol) and passing out. I don't know if it'll affect your TTC but changing your diet around that time of month really helps too, and the doctor's put me on mefanamic acid and codipar for the pain and it's amazing. I'm high as a kite, but it's brilliant :p The heat pad's are immense too :D
Hope you manage to find a way to sort the problem, I know it sucks big time xx

I used to get them until they put me on the pill (soooo don't like hormonal BC!!!). I would take extra-strength pain killers and they would be so strong they'd put me to sleep. MY life STOPPED for 7 days every 33 days. I still hurt but now I'm on an anti-inflammatory med that really does the trick.

My whole family gets these until we pop out our first. We've only had one fertility issue in my family. MY aunt has endometriosis and they watch me like a hawk about it (seems like I've just got terrible cramps for no reason just like the rest of my family!)

Hang in there. No use worrying until there is an issue. If you're really worried already, talk to your midwife/gyno about what s/he can do. *hugs* I know this sucks.

it should have no effects on your TTC - everyone on my mom's side of the family has horrrrrible cramping and my grandma popped out 9 kids without a problem :thumbup: but yeah if you're concerned you may want to ask a doc just to ease your mind. but I think you'll be okay :flower:

Should get checked out for endometriosis if it doesn't improve?

Should get checked out for endometriosis if it doesn't improve?

Yeah it has been like this ever since i got my period :(, so I had mentioned it to my gyno in the past she just said thats normal you are young. ha. I will get a second opinion thanks ladies.

Ah you poor thing, I know just what you mean. My GP put me on the pill when I was 17 because I had horrendous cramps & would vomit & pass out at school! I always found the heat packs & paracetamol & ibuprofen helped, as well as a warm bath. Make sure you stay well hydrated too, as being dehydrated can make it worse. It shouldn't have any effect on TTC (unless you do have endometriosis), but just think of all that contraction practice your uterus is getting in!

If the worst comes to the worst, take a day off, dose yourself up with painkillers & go to bed with a hotwater bottle & try & sleep it off. :hugs:

That was happening to me and I have just been diagnosed with endometriosis. I had to fight tooth and nail to get my GP to take me seriously but now I know what it was I can handle it. I've been told it shouldn't affect my ability to have a baby so fingers crossed.
Just go and pressure them until they refer you to gynae, just to be safe!
Big hugs xx

Hi hun, before I went onto my pill (all them years ago!) I was irregular and when AF did rear her ugly head I was in so much pain all I could do was crawl around the house with a bowl strapped beside me incase of vomiting. I cried, I wailed, it was awful. When I was on the pill I experienced none of this.. but

Now I am off the pill and waiting for AF to rear her ugly head.. I am nervous to say the least but I will try to control it through drugs, more drugs, heated back pads.. the works! You aren't alone.

Hun I was the same as you, my OH dreads that time of the month because I will literally just sit on the sofa (when I'm not at work!) and cuddle a hot water bottle. He'll have to run around looking after me and I am absolutely awful to him! My doctor has prescribed me mefanemic acid and although I was a bit iffy about taking it, they really help. Its quite a high dosage from what I've been told but if I take them as soon as I get my period (my pains dont start until a couple of hours after...) then keep taking them every four hours, I don't actually get period pains anymore. I didn't realise how much they helped until last week when AF arrived and I had left them at my parents house!

I'd suggest asking your doctor about them? Alternatively the feminax ultra help a bit as well, quite pricey though!

:hugs: hope they get sorted soon hun

xx

Alternatively the feminax ultra help a bit as well, quite pricey though!
xx

Feminax are great but my DF keeps using them for his headaches!!!! :growlmad:

He's cruising for a bruising me thinks :rofl:

Yeah my mum was on that same medication(mefanemic acid) for her cramps and they worked for her for many years. (She's had a hystorectomy now for other unrealted illnesses)

Alternatively the feminax ultra help a bit as well, quite pricey though!

:hugs: hope they get sorted soon hun

xx

But dont take em if your athsmatic, as ive read in the book that athsmatics cant take em :(

Im exactly the same but not to the point where i pass out or barf :). I did use to have awful period pains and i wouldn't want to go out anywhere, i agree it does put a downer on a lot of things, my moods we're really foul around that time as well, i went on the pill but to be honest i dont think its helped my pain a great deal if anything made it worse, i tend to get half my period pain in my back and then a few days after it works it way around to my stomach..

All of my suggestions have already been said, try and relax and dope up with paracetomol and heat pads and hopefully you'll feel good as new :) xxx

Hi hun, before I went onto my pill (all them years ago!) I was irregular and when AF did rear her ugly head I was in so much pain all I could do was crawl around the house with a bowl strapped beside me incase of vomiting. I cried, I wailed, it was awful. When I was on the pill I experienced none of this.. but

Now I am off the pill and waiting for AF to rear her ugly head.. I am nervous to say the least but I will try to control it through drugs, more drugs, heated back pads.. the works! You aren't alone.

I hear you. I'm still on the pill and I'm TERRIFIED of going back to periods without it...but of course I'll do it for my baby! :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->