Horrible experience at car park :(

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
I will start by saying it was all OH's fault. He got angry at a woman driving in front for not indicating. He beeped his horn, she gave him the finger and then he started ed shouting obscenities at her.

She then pulled over and followed us to the shops. I got out to get the bits we needed and her car blocked us in where we were parked. Her husband got out and started shouting at my OH. Then they were shouting at each other. This went on for like 10 minutes, there was tons of people watching, the babies were in the car and the whole time I'm stood at the passenger door not knowing what to do (I couldn't get back in the car cos the passenger door is broke and only opens from the inside).

In the end I started crying whilst they were still arguing, with everyone watching. Some other man stepped in and the other people got back in their car and drove off. We got back in ours and then OH shouted at me for not sticking up for him.

It was so horrible. I've spent the last hour crying about it all 😞

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, my husband is a hot head too when it comes to driving and people cutting him off, not using turn signals etc. I hate it when he gets angry and leans on his horn, you never know when some crazy will pull out a gun and start shooting or whatnot. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather just let it go rather than have a conflict. What were you supposed to do in that situation? Get in the middle of the row and start shouting, then your kids would have gotten real upset and scared.

I can remember an ex boyfriend once beeping at a car in front of us, which then promptly turned round and started following us. I think this then panicked the ex as he started trying to lose the other car. We ended up driving round for almost an hour trying to get this car to leave us alone. I was frightened and worse still we had my young nephew in the car.

I think your OH was in the wrong and I don't believe you should have defended him. We hear far too often of how simple arguments turn into life changing events, which can't be 'fixed'. I feel for you.

Oh I do too, I told him straight up that I didn't defend him because it was his fault the situation happened. Hopefully it'll make him think in future, as I'm always telling him off for losing his temper whilst driving.

I wouldn't have defended him I think he was wrong. Maybe it will make him think I was driving the other day and someone blipped at another car we was stuck in traffic the guy jumped out and got a metal bar out of his boot and went for the car that bipped he smashed the windscreen that Could have easily been you with your babies in your oh should think twice before putting you in that position.

I hope it does. He has been warned that from now on when I'm in the car he's not to lose his temper at all.

That's so scary about the metal bar. It doesn't even bare thinking about if something like that had of happened instead!

That's so scary hun :( Your DH was in the wrong but the other car shouldn't have followed and done that. After exchanging gestures surely it would've been easier just to leave it at that rather than coming after you :hugs:

I think it would of been easier, but the other guy was obviously angry that OH had insulted his wife. Bloody men :dohh:

MEN! They can get such a hot head cant they!!! I think you did the right thing not sticking up for him as it could then have gotten really ugly, but you did the smart thing.

My oh is a ht head as well when in the car. He goes mad when someone dont indicate or cuts him up. I can understand why ur oh got pissed but think he went to far with obscenities at her

My oh is a hot head too. He did that to a guy who drove a bit recklessly whilst I was driving. The guy reversed back up the street and got out, started shouting at my oh. I tried to calm the situation down but he turned on me. I was really frightened. Oh thought I was on his side because I had tried to diffuse the situation but he soon realised how wrong he was when he got it both barrels off me once in the house. Bloody men!!

Wow- I'm sorry you (and your KIDS!) had to deal with any of that. I understand how infuriating some other drivers can be- I've gotten pretty pissed off before. I just remind myself that I have NO clue what someone else is capable of- and if my children are in the car, I just take a breathe and let it go... LET IT GO!!!! LET IT GOOOOO!!! sorry- had to be done ;)

Hope your OH "get's it"- maybe he just needs to think about what *could* of happened in front of his kids... ? Not that the other guy wasn't partly at fault too- people just get all worked up over the silliest stuff sometimes and need a bit of a reality check!

:hugs:

I wouldn't have defended him either but I think it's pathetic when drivers start following each other around just to have a go so I might well have told the bloke where to go just for being a total moron.

Seems my OH is not the only one guilty of this! :dohh: He's been much calmer since thankfully.
Noodlebear I would of liked to of told the other guy where to go but in reality I'm a wuss and wouldn't dare lol.

:haha: I'm sure you're not a wuss! Surprised the woman driving the other car didn't try and stop him though.

Oh no, she was having a go along with her husband. Ranting and raving about how we had 2 babies in the car even though they had a girl of around 6 with them!

My husband is like this and would have done the same in that situation. To be fair I probably would have said something to back him up, but I get quite irritated too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->