Horrible news

QuietAshley

Reaction score
I went to the doctor the other day for a bunch of problems. They ended up diagnosing me with an Autoimmune disease... and informing me I am now 6 weeks pregnant. The doctor told me since my body is in such a flare up and a lot of my systems are being attacked, that it is fairly likely I might loose my baby. I'm not ready to be a mom. This was fully unplanned. So in a small sick way I'm a little happy to hear that. But at the same time it has made me so upset. I can't stop crying. I dont know what to do. The father was abusive to me so I dont want him too much in the picture. I plan on telling him sometime in the next few days but we arent together anymore thankfully. Just need some advice I guess :( How can I cope with not knowing what can happen to my baby? I know getting anxious and stressed out and loosing sleep is the last thing that will help but I cant handle it. I'm so frightened :cry:

What auto immune disease did they diagnose you with?

They can cause miscarriages, I've got hashimoto and have lost 7 so far, I am slightly different to you in that I do want a baby though

My best friend has Hashimoto's and has had three successful pregnancies in a row. Go to a good reproductive endocrinologist, if you haven't already, who might ease your mind and make you more comfortable with management.

It is not sick of you to be relieved at the thought of a less-than-ideal situation for a pregnancy.

I'm worried that your abusive ex will make you feel worse. I'm not trying to be pushy, but I'm worried that you are in a tough time and rushing to tell him. It is very early in the pregnancy. I was in an abusive relationship. Losing sleep and the additional stress that he could bring could absolutely prolong your flare up. I'm saying that based on what my rheumatologist told me.

I hope you put your own health first. Don't continue the cycle of abuse by worrying about how to manage him. Some people don't even tell their most supportive friends until after 12 weeks. But again, I'm only saying this as I'm concerned. You know best. Just completely blow off what I said if it doesn't make sense. I feel for you and wish you the very best.

I wouldnt tell the ex.. focus on you and the baby and your illness first... im worried he will make things a lot worse for you... abuse is about power and control.. and now there is a baba too he has more reason to think he has the power and control...speak to a midwife about your concerns and get some support.. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->