Horrible vivid dreams

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So the last week or so every night I'm having horrible dreams about losing this baby. They are so vivid and when I wake up for a few minutes I can't be sure if it's really happened or not. It takes at least 10 minutes for my poor DH to stop me shaking and crying. DH said even when I'm asleep I spend most of the night tossing and turning and ive even cried out in my sleep, I'm guessing its because of these dreams. Has any one else suffered with this?

Yes, not to do with the baby/pregnancy yet but other fears have been appearing in my dreams and I'm waking up scared and unable to shake it off! It's horrible and I hope it doesn't last long:(

Ugh yes my dreams are horrible. Subject matter is different but equally upsetting.

Thanks ladies! I was starting to think I was losing the plot. Never had nightmares like these before. Hope they stop soon for all of us!

I've also been having absolutely horrible vivid nightmares for the past few months. None have actually had to do with the baby yet, but they involve my 4 year old and they're traumatizing, for lack of a better term.

Yes vivid dreams every single night most of them nightmares ... Wake up 2-3 times per night and nevvvver feel rested. I just want one night where I don't wake up!

I have had some pretty vivid dreams, nothing as awful as yours. I had a dream that I couldn't find out the gender of my baby so I reached up inside and pulled it out only to find out that it was a puppy. When I pulled it out I accidentally broke its leg and had to take it to the vet.
VERY strange dreams. Also ones that DH is cheating on me, and when I wake up I actually act different towards him for a few hours until the feeling wears off.
You're just worried about your baby, I know its so hard to brush off in the morning though. Stay strong mama :)

I have had some pretty vivid dreams, nothing as awful as yours. I had a dream that I couldn't find out the gender of my baby so I reached up inside and pulled it out only to find out that it was a puppy. When I pulled it out I accidentally broke its leg and had to take it to the vet.
VERY strange dreams. Also ones that DH is cheating on me, and when I wake up I actually act different towards him for a few hours until the feeling wears off.
You're just worried about your baby, I know its so hard to brush off in the morning though. Stay strong mama :)

That puppy dream actually made me giggle! Haha.

Thanks though hun :) hopefully they will stop soon. Otherwise it's gonna be a long 26 weeks. I'm exhausted!

I woke up the other day at 4 am sobbing because someone sold my childhood home. Really bizarre. I wake up exhausted lol

There were many times during this pregnancy, my first successful after 3 RLs, that I had bad dreams about losing it. Some were so real that I had to use my doppler to convince myself otherwise. Now that I'm able to feel her, the nightmares have subsided, though I still can't shake the feeling that she is going to come early. I have no idea why I feel that way.

I've been having incredibly vivid and weird dreams - it's just one of those pregnancy symptoms I think. I had a dream the other day my partner had left me and I woke up crying my eyes out and had to go read a book for 1/2 hour as I was so inconsolable :(

I havent been sleeping well during this whole pregnancy but when I do Ive been having vivid dreams. Only a couple about the baby but I had one the other night like Ive never had. It seemed so real and I had to make sure I was really ok after I finally woke up. Its kind of gross but my husband had got up to shower for work at 5am, I fell back asleep and within seconds it seems I dreamed I felt something wet down there, I started feeling around and realized it was a hand then I felt the whole baby was out. He just fell out! I yelled at my husband, was trying to call 911 and they put me on hold and I said hell you can get me there faster so he wrapped him up and said this baby looks like hes 8 pounds are you sure hes early?? LOL then as we were walking down the hall I noticed the babies room wasnt done and all we had was a car seat and I was in panick mode and then woke up. It felt so real!! I had to look around and make sure things were ok down there.
At the beginning of my pregnancy I was having some pretty severe night terrors and It was so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack and it took forever for my husband to get me calmed down and he could actually feel how hard and fast my heart was beating. Those were very scary!!
I too have this weird feeling hes going to come early and I guess thats why I had that dream.

I have had some very vivid dreams too. Not many nightmares (knock on wood three times) but have woken up incredibly mad at dh.
The only thing I have found to help is less sleep. I now go to bed past my usual bedtime and still get up when the sun rises. Seems like this is getting me into a deeper sleep for a longer time and less dreams.

I had a dream last night that I just had my baby and I forgot and accidentally left him/her in a backpack overnight. In my dream I had woken up in the morning and remembered that I had left my baby in my backpack so I went and unzipped it, when I pulled the baby out I noticed that it was a boy, and he was dark purple and still had his umbilical cord attached as if I had just given birth to him out of a backpack. he had no clothes on and he was asking me what I got him for his birthday, so I took him to Carters and bought him some pants?

I had a dream last night that I just had my baby and I forgot and accidentally left him/her in a backpack overnight. In my dream I had woken up in the morning and remembered that I had left my baby in my backpack so I went and unzipped it, when I pulled the baby out I noticed that it was a boy, and he was dark purple and still had his umbilical cord attached as if I had just given birth to him out of a backpack. he had no clothes on and he was asking me what I got him for his birthday, so I took him to Carters and bought him some pants?

Haha!! Don't worry my last nights dream was that James May stole my bugaboo in harrods. Honestly I will be glad when these crazy dreams stop. At least nights was funny rather than sad.

I have had some very vivid dreams too. Not many nightmares (knock on wood three times) but have woken up incredibly mad at dh.
The only thing I have found to help is less sleep. I now go to bed past my usual bedtime and still get up when the sun rises. Seems like this is getting me into a deeper sleep for a longer time and less dreams.

Thank you! I might try that! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"