Horse ran me over today...

bumptwo

Reaction score
So my pony knocked me over because my horse ran at her and she had no choice but to run away...

I was crouched down holding her hoof when she pushed in to me knocking me down and I think I fell on the hoof stand with all the hoof trimming tools in it.

The bottom of my back really hurts now :( when I clench my bum cheeks together it really hurts!

I'm sure I've just banged and bruised it but it really shook me up :(

Ouch ! Hope you're ok ! Sounds like you've banged your tail bone !

Ohh please be careful and rest.

Is there any way to keep the horses and ponies seperated when you do maintenance on them? (Sorry if that's incorrect wording. I love horses hut haven't been around them since a teenager).

Aw poor thing! Maybe you should get checked out? Just to be on the safe side?

Ohh please be careful and rest.

Is there any way to keep the horses and ponies seperated when you do maintenance on them? (Sorry if that's incorrect wording. I love horses hut haven't been around them since a teenager).

Thanks ladies. It was a bit of a once only thing, and tbh wouldn't be doing it like that again after what happened. We have a shelter to go it but it was being used that's why we were outside and yes next time tie all the horses up so no one can pick on my pony... I love her so much, she was gently nudging my face when I was crying. <3

Oh ouch! I'm glad you are okay!

You should probably get chevked out! Hope youre ok:)

Ouch! Hope you're ok love, flipping horses hey!! Hopefully you've only whacked your coccyx, I'm sure you won't have done any damage to the baby,they're well protected in there now. Worth getting checked out to put your mind at rest though :)

Are you riding still? I am planning to ride as long as I can, I can't bear the thought of not... Although I'm aware I'm being a bit controversial!

X

So my pony knocked me over because my horse ran at her and she had no choice but to run away...

I was crouched down holding her hoof when she pushed in to me knocking me down and I think I fell on the hoof stand with all the hoof trimming tools in it.

The bottom of my back really hurts now :( when I clench my bum cheeks together it really hurts!

I'm sure I've just banged and bruised it but it really shook me up :(

Rotten ponies! :winkwink: I've decided to stay away from the barn for the first trimester, just because the horse I'm working with is a bit of a menace on the ground (and under saddle, but that's another story.) I'll be teaching her owner for the duration of my pregnancy, as I've been banned from riding due to the Lovenox injections (boo.) But I'd say if you took most of it on your lower back, you should be okay! Ice it, maybe? Everyone always says to ice things, but my preference is always heat...

What kind of riding do you do? I'm assuming you keep your horses at home?

Wow, that must have been terrifying for you!! Thinking of you. What a sweet pony you've got there, trying to make you feel all better.

Much better now thanks all :) just a bit bruised. Scan on Thursday anyway :D

Yes I do plan to keep riding. I rode till I was 33 weeks last time. And now we've got 2 in work :-/ my husband rides one but only when we have someone to have the boy.

Unfortunately I think my hormones are making a bit of a phsyco. :( I get scared so easily when on the ground and that turns to anger, I hate feeling like this as I'm not enjoying my horses :( well only my Shetland pony cause she's sooooo sweet!!!

Just in case you'd like to see just how super sweet my little boy and misty pony are...

https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/ronreg/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf93cbea3.jpg

Pleased there's someone else riding at the minute too! I thought it might be just me!

What riding do you do?

X

Pleased there's someone else riding at the minute too! I thought it might be just me!

What riding do you do?

X

Endurance normally up to 64km (40miles). Season has ended now. I did my last comp of 26miles over the welsh hills when I was 6 weeks pregnant :) Probably won't complete next year but my husband is going to instead so I'll get to crew with 2 children in tow!!! Lol

What do you do?? X

Oh wow! Great!

I'm very lucky and ride for a friend these days, I haven't had my own for a few years. The chap I ride for breeds very very nice show jumpers, enjoys backing them and jumping them but isn't so into the schooling... I love dressage and schooling so it works out perfectly for us! At the minute I'm riding the most gorgeous stallion, who I have fallen head over heels in love with!

:) x

darn horses :) I hope you feel better soon. My 2.5 17hh TB filly got out today and was running all over the yard making divots so my hubby has something to yell at me about *eyeroll* I go outside and call her and she comes running up, she follows me to the gait easily but she keeps spooking at EVERYTHING OMG it is a GOAT! (she has lived with goats her whole life) All I could think about is her running me over! I have been paranoid, not so much with my gelding, but my filly *shakes head*

Truly I hope you feel better real soon. Glad your own pony was a sweetie pie - It's nice to know of another horsie preggo person on here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->