Hose for birth pool?

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
Just wondering if it would be a problem using a brand new normal garden hose to fill my birth pool or will it have chemicals and stuff in it? The one that comes with my pool is only 15 meters, and my pool is going to be 25 meters away from the taps!

I think ours is just regular... I think you can get too hung up on these things. It's not lined with lead or anything.

if your worried pour some hot water through it first or flush it with milton

If you're really concerned then camping and caravanning shops sell food grade clear hose which us campers use for drinking water :) as above so long as its well cleaned out I'm see a regular hose is fine. I set mine up to the submersible pump, fill a sink of hot soapy water and let it circulate for 20 mins or so. Then do the same with cold water to kill bubbles then repeats with Milton water and it'll be nice a clean :)

i made same mistake reg green garden hose has lead. You can get a hose make sure it says lead free drink-safe hose

Lead can only leach into it if water sits in the hose, often normal hoses are made of pvc which uses lead as a stabiliser... but as I said, it only leaches into water if it is sitting there for a long time, which it doesn't when filling a hose.

We used a legnth of new garden hose that we rinsed out and a universal adaptor for the kitchen tap to attach it that was $12 from the hardward store.

We had a sluprie to drain the pool but did it with buckets instead which took OH around 1o minutes to empty. When it got down to the last few inches he let some air out of the pool so he could fold it up and fit it out the door and he tiped the rest out into the garden.

We also had a pump to blow it up but OH decided to blow it up by mouth which took him around 20 minutes with breaks so he didn't pass out.

Thanks for all the tips! saves me another £10 postage to order a 2nd hose from the birth pool people!! lol, #i'll just nip to the garden centre! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->