• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hospital bag checklist, am I forgetting anything?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I have everything ready to be packed, just want to know if anyone can think of anything else? It's been 5 years since I last done this!

Babys bag - sleepsuits, vests, hats, scratchmitts, bibs, muslin cloths (I have sicky babies), blankets, nappies, wipes, going home outfit, snow suit (November baby) travel changing mat.

My bag - dressing gown, nightie to give birth, few pairs of pjs, slippers, big comfy underwear, clothes to go home, toiletries, breast/maternity pads, makeup, towels and maternity notes.

Anything else?

I was just going to suggest this !!

The last twice they've actually given me one in the hospital thankfully! But I'd rather take my own lol

I am in canada but I had packed snacks (granola bars and whatnot) and some gatorades!

Chargers?

I am in canada but I had packed snacks (granola bars and whatnot) and some gatorades!

Chargers?

Thanks hun, I've never needed to take snacks as oddly enough last twice before I went into labour or the night I got induced i had a huge Chinese, both times Haha! I left the snacks at home as the thought of even taking them turned my stomach!

Btw does anyone know if you can drink energy drinks while in labour? I know you can't drink then when pregnant because of the high caffeine content, but babys coming anyway right? Lol I get super thirsty during labour and water doesn't do it, I've had two night labours and I never thought about this until now... I need the caffeine!

Having a blanket from home made me more comfortable.

They dont provide you with most of that?? They do here. I dont need diapers, clothes, wipes, etc.

Pack carseat, DH clothes/etc, charger, money, robe, slippers, birth plan, insurance info, power of attorney/ living will

They dont provide you with most of that?? They do here. I dont need diapers, clothes, wipes, etc.

Pack carseat, DH clothes/etc, charger, money, robe, slippers, birth plan, insurance info, power of attorney/ living will

Got all that ready, just not insurance information, we don't need that here

I just packed mine yesterday. Was leaving it till the end of the week but was in the hospital all weekend and was told to get it packed so I've got it all packed now. I must admit it does feel like a relief now. I feel more ready.

U have packed all the right stuff hon. Dont forget any medication ure on. Phone charger books magazines or anything else of home comfort. Lip balm is always good because I get very dry lips in hospital. Also some nice fluffy socks.

Here by us we also have to pack everything baby would need for their first bath (facecloth, cotton wool, baby cream, towel,etc). We also have to provide medical alcohol to swab the umbilical cord regularly with; birthing sanitary pads and bed covers to prevent leaking on the sheets

Thanks for the advice everyone, I seem to be on the right track but since it's been 5 years since my last baby, I'll probably forget something lol

For baby I've packed 6 baby grow 6 vests 2 hats nappies wipes cotton wall balls baby bath and lotion and a blanket.
Dont forget breast pads
Sanitary towels
Some comfy knickers for after giving birth. I just got 6 pairs of black cotton ones from primark. There like grandma pants hahaha. Was thinking I have to wear those giant pads after and I want to be as comfortable as possible.
Hair brush
Hair bands or bobbles
Toothpaste and brush
Shampoo/ conditioner and shower gel
All stuff to make u feel at home and as comfortable as possible hon.

Dunno if you're hoping to go in the pool for labour... but midwife at antenatal class told us all to pack our own sieves or nets to, erm, fish out any undesirable items...

:rofl:

Yeah , it’s eaiser to sort everything out when you get home too !

Dunno if you're hoping to go in the pool for labour... but midwife at antenatal class told us all to pack our own sieves or nets to, erm, fish out any undesirable items...

:rofl:
omg seriously???? I cant deal with that lol I'm not planning a water birth though definitely not if I need to fish afterwards!!!

Book/magazine

Essential oils

Nursing bra

Flannels

Snacks! ☺️

I think you’ve got it covered xxxx

Wow! All we need here for baby is anything you choose to dress them in to take them home. They provide diapers, wipes, creams, blankets, hat, a little button up shirt (not quite a onesie just a shirt it’s actually weird and pointless I feel), formula if you’re not breastfeeding however they do push breastfeeding, um literally you only bring outfits, blankets, hats, etc if you want.
For mom they provide huge sanitary pads, mesh underwater which are actually so comfy, ice packs for down there, socks, a bottle for you to fill with warm water and spray down there as you pee each time which is also heavenly! You can stay in a gown the entire time until you go home or bring your own clothes.

Granted our hospital bill is outrageous and I’m sure we pay for all of that and more.

I bring a cute swaddle blanket for baby, any breastfeeding creams/essentials, pacifier, hats, mittens, outfits, socks, car seat obviously, boppy pillow, my pillow, a throw blanket from home, clothes for me and dh, chargers, my wallet, my bathing essentials, slippers, toothbrush/paste for me and dh, camera. I think that’s really it.

I don’t know gender this time so I’ll be bringing a few extra things for baby specific for boy or girl and to announce the gender. So I feel like I’ll be bringing the entire house this time! I have the diaper bag started but that’s as far as I’ve gotten and I’m almost 36 weeks. I need to get things moving as I don’t think this baby wants to wait much longer to come out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->