• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hospital bag checklist, am I forgetting anything?

Wow! All we need here for baby is anything you choose to dress them in to take them home. They provide diapers, wipes, creams, blankets, hat, a little button up shirt (not quite a onesie just a shirt it’s actually weird and pointless I feel), formula if you’re not breastfeeding however they do push breastfeeding, um literally you only bring outfits, blankets, hats, etc if you want.
For mom they provide huge sanitary pads, mesh underwater which are actually so comfy, ice packs for down there, socks, a bottle for you to fill with warm water and spray down there as you pee each time which is also heavenly! You can stay in a gown the entire time until you go home or bring your own clothes.

Granted our hospital bill is outrageous and I’m sure we pay for all of that and more.

I bring a cute swaddle blanket for baby, any breastfeeding creams/essentials, pacifier, hats, mittens, outfits, socks, car seat obviously, boppy pillow, my pillow, a throw blanket from home, clothes for me and dh, chargers, my wallet, my bathing essentials, slippers, toothbrush/paste for me and dh, camera. I think that’s really it.

I don’t know gender this time so I’ll be bringing a few extra things for baby specific for boy or girl and to announce the gender. So I feel like I’ll be bringing the entire house this time! I have the diaper bag started but that’s as far as I’ve gotten and I’m almost 36 weeks. I need to get things moving as I don’t think this baby wants to wait much longer to come out!

That crazy it's funny how differently things are done across the pond! They dont supply anything in hospital, except for the premade bottles of formula if your bottle feeding, I'm sure some hospitals provide breast pumps too but I'm not 100% sure on that! But then we dont pay for our healthcare here so I guess we cant be fussy with what they supply for us lol!

Not a thing to pack but my friend gave me some ace advice I wouldn't have thought of.
She packed the bags for her and baby herself, like I guess most do - but then it was her poor husband who had to try and find everything in them while she was busy with labour. She wishes she'd gathered everything together, and then had him actually pack it all up, so he knew exactly where to look when the time came.
So that's how we've done it.

Not a thing to pack but my friend gave me some ace advice I wouldn't have thought of.
She packed the bags for her and baby herself, like I guess most do - but then it was her poor husband who had to try and find everything in them while she was busy with labour. She wishes she'd gathered everything together, and then had him actually pack it all up, so he knew exactly where to look when the time came.
So that's how we've done it.

Perfect bit of advice there! :) I can imagine OH rummaging quite a lot on my bags as me and baby are sharing a suitcase, I have a separate changing bag for nappies and wipes and a separate bag for me with toiletries and other bits, I have spaced the clothes out in the separate sections in the case, but I know it will be tits up if he opens the case with my clothes on top and he has to rummage instead of turning to case over to the babys side! Maybe I should label who's side of the case is who's hahaha

My biggest thing was chapstick and my own water cup and straw. Chapstick though is a must since your lips get so dry and cracked. I needed it both times.

Pack chap stick or lip balm hon. I've been in hospital since Sunday and my lips are so dry.

I always take the little pots of vaseline with me! I have one in my bag at all times because me and my daughter both suffer with dry lips all year round! And I specially take one when I'm in labour, the gas and air gives me such a dry mouth and I end up with sore lips lol

I actually use Bag Balm as I have found its the best to help and prevent chapped lips. I just put it in a little jar and keep it in my office and my bedroom. I need to get a small one for my purse, diaper bag and camera bag! Seriously better than any other balm or chapstick I have ever used. If I remember correctly it was used as a balm to help with cows udders and farmers hands. Its also a miracle worker with diaper rash. Cleared up my DS#1 in a day where nothing else worked. Even his Ped was impressed with it.

I actually use Bag Balm as I have found its the best to help and prevent chapped lips. I just put it in a little jar and keep it in my office and my bedroom. I need to get a small one for my purse, diaper bag and camera bag! Seriously better than any other balm or chapstick I have ever used. If I remember correctly it was used as a balm to help with cows udders and farmers hands. Its also a miracle worker with diaper rash. Cleared up my DS#1 in a day where nothing else worked. Even his Ped was impressed with it.

Wow really? I've never ever heard of this stuff! I might have to have a look that sounds like something me and my daughter could benefit from year round as we both get chapped lips so bad due to the changing seasons and stuff, but cows udder balm though, that part made me chuckle :rofl:

I thought of packing mine but think it's a bit early lol. Some hospitals here supply lucozade but im always nil by mouth :( due to emcs history. I think our health system is amazing we don't pay for health care all we need is clothes for baby us and hygiene essentials. Hospitals supply formular I think but I bf so I don't know. HL your pregnancy is going soo fast!! And sugerhoney! X

I thought of packing mine but think it's a bit early lol. Some hospitals here supply lucozade but im always nil by mouth :( due to emcs history. I think our health system is amazing we don't pay for health care all we need is clothes for baby us and hygiene essentials. Hospitals supply formular I think but I bf so I don't know. HL your pregnancy is going soo fast!! And sugerhoney! X
Yeah our hospital provide formula in the ready made bottles that you throw away! Great for me as I've never breastfed so much more convenient than getting bottles steralized before we go! I was going to try BF this time as my third and final I wanted to experience things I haven't done before, BUT I think I'm going to just stick to what I know, both my two were healthy formula fed babies and it's more in my comfort zone!

And do you think my pregnancy is going quick? Its dragging for me :rofl:

Wow really? I've never ever heard of this stuff! I might have to have a look that sounds like something me and my daughter could benefit from year round as we both get chapped lips so bad due to the changing seasons and stuff, but cows udder balm though, that part made me chuckle :rofl:

Right!!! You can get it on Amazon. I usually get mine at Walgreens or CVS (Stateside) but I know that Target also sells it. Its seriously amazing.

I always take a bottle of cordial. My hospital only supply you with tap water which gets warm really quick and i just cant drink it. I just add cordial to it to make it better!

Right!!! You can get it on Amazon. I usually get mine at Walgreens or CVS (Stateside) but I know that Target also sells it. Its seriously amazing.

We don't have Walmart's or anything like that here in the UK but Amazon definitely will, I'll 100% get some :)

I always take a bottle of cordial. My hospital only supply you with tap water which gets warm really quick and i just cant drink it. I just add cordial to it to make it better!
Oh I know there's something about hospital water, even though water is water, hospital water just tastes horrible!!!! I normally get so much sugar down me after the birth, I don't usually drink a lot of coke, but I seem to go through bottle loads after birth lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->