Hospital Bag..

Karriexo

Reaction score
Im packing my hospital bag as we speak and I'm terrified that I've forgotten important things. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to pack, even the little things, just so I know what is useful and what is actually just a waste of space. Thanks :)

I took soooo much! But when I was there I ended uo using almost none of it. Here's what I used.

A pair of light shorts (black) haha.
Jogging pants
2 tshirts
Undies. (I took super big ones just in case i had a c section ) you dont want any digging into your scar (thankfully I didn't)
Slippers.
An outfit for Noah to come home in
Toothbrush
Tooth paste.
Shampoo /conditioner
Thats it!
Something nice i took that came in as a little treat for myself was face wash. Came in amazing!
Also bobby pins and rubber bands :p
I took so much crap I didnt need. You can take a cover and pillow like I did but you will bleed. A LOT. So no point in ruining your stuff. Just take old clothes. I wouldn't go out and buy new stuff because it gets ruined. I also took pads because I wasnt sure if the hospotal would give me some. They did and I loved thrm. A lot of people don't but I kinda did. :) good luck

You don't need any thing for the babybecause the hospital should provide it. :)

For me -

Phone charger
Toiletries
Nighties
PJ bottoms
Baggy tops (not black as maternity wards are so hot!)
Comfy clothes to go home in
Make up
Stuff for hair
Pillow
Can't think what else as it was ages ago!

For baby -

Nappies
Wipes (if you are using them)
x3 newborn sleepsuits & vests
x3 0-3 sleepsuits and vests
x3 3-6 sleepsuits and vests (I went right into that size)
x1 0-3 outfit
x1 3-6 outfit
x3 pairs of scratch mitts
x2 hats
x5 bibs
x3 pairs of socks
Top-to-toe wash (used the hospital's stuff though)
Cotton wool (unused)
Sudocreme (unused)

We bought more clothes, a coat and blanket after he was born :)

Also I will be replacing the 3-6 month clothes with newborn this time and won't even bring many 0-3 items either

Clair, my hospital provided everythong for baby! Did you have your lo not in a hospital? Just wondering :)

They even told me to not bring any thing for Noah because they'd provide it. And I wish I would have taken wipes cause the ones the hospital gave us were crap!

They do but I'd rather of used my own stuff. I didn't give birth at my own hospital either, where I went they had cotton wool, bath stuff and they gave us a top as he was sick on all of his own stuff. I need to buy stuff anyway so might as well take it with me :)

You're right. :)
I hated the wipes, so OP take wipes! Lol
Everything else they had was lovely. What I loved about my hospital was they provided mostly good stuff. :)

I don't hear about them having wipes as most recommend cotton wool and water but OP check what they can provide. Mine provide cloth nappies but not disposables but I'm still taking my own with me :)

Take a few outfits for baby just in case you have to stay in, and also moisturiser for you, I dunno if its just the qu but when I was in hospital I dried out so bad!

Oh yeah pack thinking you'll need to stay in, I had to go to another hospital on the mainland and was in for four nights, I packed about 1/4 of the things I needed! Also maternity pads in case, hospitals should provide them and if they do make sure you nick some as they're the best ones :haha:

Omg and chapstick! Any kind of lip balm. Hispitals do get soooi dry!

Morrisons thick sanitary towels are better than maternity pads and cheaper too, I stocked up on them cuz the hospital ones didn't have sticky strips

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->