Hospital bags: what have you packed in yours?

Ria_Rose

Mum to JJ & expecting #2
Reaction score
I know it's similar to the Hospital bag: what to pack thread, but I was wondering what you have actually packed (both essential and frivolous).

Here's my list

MY ESSENTIALS
Big T-shirt for labour
Night dress for ward
Dressing Gown for ward
Socks
Slippers
BIG pants
Nursing bra
Breast pads
V shaped pillow for breastfeeding/labour/neck support
Bright cover for V pillow (MW at delivery ward said they get mixed up with their laundry)
Disposable Knickers
Maternity pads
Toiletries
·Contact lenses
·Glasses
·Tooth brush
·Tooth paste
·Flannel
·Natural sponge
·Face wipes
·Mini make-up kit
Camera (charged)
Relaxation/Birth CDs
Rose Quartz Angel
Nintendo DS
Playing cards
Glucose Tablets
Squeezey honey (read somewhere it helps keep energy up)
Paracetamol
Snacks for OH
Money for pay phone
Going home outfit (still not picked yet)

LO’S ESSENTIALS
2 Stretch suits (in 3 sizes - tiny/newborn/0-3)
3 sleepsuits
2 x Scratch mits
2 x Indoor Hats
Outdoor hat and gloves
Going home outfit - cardigan, jeans, socks, vest and snowsuit (in case)
2 x Muslin Squares
Baby’s first teddy (we bought after 13 week scan)
Carseat + Base
Blanket for carseat
1 pack of size 1 nappies
2 size 2 nappies
Nappy wet wipes
Cotton wool
Barrier cream
Hair brush

Awww i now have the biggest cheese on my face!!! :D
I have been struggling with my bloomin hospital bag for days, and i come on this morning and find everything in this one list!!!
Ta muchly hun :D

I don't think there is anything you have forgotten hon, you seem to have everything.

Luvbuns you just need to pacik it all now! :rofl:

Looks good to me hun!! well done!
A question though - do we need indoor hats? I only have ones that go with outdoor outfits. Do I nedd to get some indoor ones and if so, where do I find them seperately?

A question though - do we need indoor hats? I only have ones that go with outdoor outfits. Do I nedd to get some indoor ones and if so, where do I find them seperately?

I don;t think we need them, they were just thin hats my mum bought (too thin for indoors) and I packed them in case he feels cold as they lose the most heat out of their heads.

On my tour of the ward the nurses and midwifes were really bored as it was a quiet night so we got to ask what they thought we should take. They advised (but bear in mind this isn't going to be correct for every hospital)

* Don't bring bed sheets or towels, as some books sugest, as they have their own and you don't want to be taking home lots of dirty laundry.
* Do bring pillows as hospital ones can be a bit flat
* If you bring towels or pillow cases - make them a bright colour so they don;t get mixed with their washing.
* Go for disposable pants a bit bigger than you think, as they can be hard to get on.
* Don't forget your maternity pads, remember at first you may be using 2 at one time.
* If you ask the nurses for something (particularly if you are limited to your bed) and think they have forgotten you - remind them! They have a lot on their minds and it might get missed. Don't suffer in silence.

A whole heap of air so far, in others words nothing lol

I was told by a friend who just had a baby that the mw's advise you to pop an indoor hat on baby after they're born, as that is where they loose most heat. How about these hun? This is what I have anyway!

https://www.mothercare.com/White-un...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44486031&mcb=core

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=76105031&mcb=core

xxx

I have that first set!! Those are the ones.

I may not need them but they are so small I don't think it'll hurt to pack them.

Having to hold back on packing him too many clothes, lol. Think he'll just need sleepsuits and vests and a home coming outfit.

Oooooh and ladies don't forget some space in there in case people bring presents when they visit :)

Just trying to think what I have packed so far...

For me:

2 x nighties
dressing gown
slippers
undies - disposable & big normal ones
socks
toiletries (shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste etc)
make-up (no photos to be taken without it applied! haha)
maternity pads
breast pads
towel
camera

getting oh to bring my going home clothes when needed so don't have too much with me....

For baby: :baby:

nappies
3 x sleepsuits
3 x vests
coming home outfit
hats
scratch mitts
baby wipes (can't touch cotton wool!)
nappy bags
bibs

Think that is it for now.......x

I was told by a friend who just had a baby that the mw's advise you to pop an indoor hat on baby after they're born, as that is where they loose most heat. How about these hun? This is what I have anyway!

https://www.mothercare.com/White-un...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44486031&mcb=core

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=76105031&mcb=core

xxx

Thanks hun. I will try and get some before LO arrives!!

babymamma - you may want to also take a blanket (or get OH to bring one when it's time to leave) to wrap LO in?? Your list for baby is the smae as mine I think!

For you, you might wanna pack some snacks - after having my first, it was like 7pm, so there was no food available!!! OH had to dash to the shop for me, 'cos I was sooooo hungry!!

oh yeah - blankets and carseat etc too.

not like me to forget about food too! hehe. what snacks are best to take in you think?

x

Whatever you like really - I'm defo going to have some chocolate in my bag!!! Probably some crisps too - I know it's not very healthy, but it's really only to see you through til you can get a meal, or get someone to bo buy you a sandwich! I'm also taking some squash, cos I dont' really like just plain water.

crisps & chocolate sound good to me.....oh and definitely juice/pop cos I am not a fan of water either.

If I buy snacks to go in the bag now though I can pretty much guarantee they wont be there long!

x

I've been collecting stuff for a few weeks to go in mine and then suddenly thought about when I get home with LO too. So I bought another pack of size 1 nappies and 2 more packets of Maternity pads coz I remember going through them way faster than I ever thought I would! :blush: So remember to have stuff like that ready for when you come home too.

I've been collecting stuff for a few weeks to go in mine and then suddenly thought about when I get home with LO too. So I bought another pack of size 1 nappies and 2 more packets of Maternity pads coz I remember going through them way faster than I ever thought I would! :blush: So remember to have stuff like that ready for when you come home too.

Very good point hun!! I went through 4 packs of mat pads with my first before swapping to normal sanitary pads.

And to anyone who's buying disposable underwear - I would highly recommend NOT getting them, and just buying cheap cotton pants that you can just bin afterwards. I found the disposable ones so uncomfy - and cheap cotton ones aren't any more expensive!!!

This is what's in my bags:

For Me

- Maternity notes & birth plan *
- Nightie
- Bra’s
- Pyjamas
- Socks
- Slippers
- Dressing gown *
- Cheap cotton underwear
- Maternity sanitary towels
- Breast pads
- Dark towel
- Hair towel
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Deodorant
- Shampoo/conditioner & shower gel
- Shower bag
- Vaseline/lip balm *
- Face wipes and moisturiser
- Hairbrush & bobbles & hair band
- Change of comfy clothes for day time and going home *

For Leo

- 6 vests
- 6 sleep suits
- 1 pack of nappies (size 1)
- Baby wipes
- Cotton wool pleats
- Nappy sacks
- 2 pairs booties
- 2 Hats
- 2 pair scratch mittens
- Outfit to come home in
- Snow suit
- Coat
- Blanket/shawl
- Dummies
- Sudocreme
- Bibs (disposable and one normal)
- Baby bath stuff
- Hooded towel *

* - Still need to pack

I'll be adding snacks/drinks and entertainment things at last minute
x

I'm taking a full size suitcase so that I can get everything in one. But then I'm having a section so I could be in for between 3 and 5 days. :D

ah, erm...anyone who is not having a c-section??? size bag? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->