hospital bags

This is my first pregnancy. What are dummies? And where do I buy disposable undies? If I plan to breast feed, do i need to bring my pump to the hospital? Do I need to bring formula and bottles just in case I have problems with breast feeding?

I breastfed my dd and plan to again, I just took breast pads and nipple cream (Lansinoh is best) didn't need anything else

Can I ask a wee question...after birth do you need to wear the thick maternity towels that the hospital provides you with/you see in the shops or will normal sanitary towels do the same job?

Everyone loses blood at a different rate however i found them very comfy cos downstairs was very sore obviously so thsts another perk x

First time pregnant here, do they need pacifiers that early?
What about for you? I have been told to bring slippers for walking the halls, a top for being in the shower, loose pj's, my music playlist and extra snacks over and above what the hospital may have (someone mentioned ice lollies & nut mix are great).

call me an idiot but y would u want a top in the shower for? Yh my partner takes in a bag with all his snacks puzzle books etc. Not sure about ice lollys tho theyd melt lol x Xx

i dont remember needing one while i was still in the hospital but the reason being is your nipples will HURT when the water hits them, especially after your milk comes in :haha:

Also I guess the UK must be different because here in the US, they supply half the things you listed, not including my personal stuff, the only things I bring for baby are 2 outfits (different sizes) and a carseat...I may also bring some syringes with breastmilk that I pump prior to birth.

Lol thanks for answering that really confused me!! I always found water soothing but everyones different x

I'm 38 weeks today and still haven't packed either bag lol. I'm in denial this time as I was late last time So I'm just assuming I'll be the same and that I have ages left lol.

I did go to pack my bag .... But then I realised I'm limited as to what pjs fit me ATM so I can't pack them as I won't have any to ware ATM. I only have 1 pair of joggers so don't want pack them as I ware them around the house for comfort lol. Also I bought miniature shampoo/shower ages ago and now can't find them :dohh: I refuse to buy more as they are like £1 each which you can get full size bottles for the same price ... So I'm just being stubborn haha.

I wrote a list the other day of all the things I need. It seems huge!

I have:

For my oh:
Phone charger
Clean t shirt, boxers and socks
Money
Snacks
Juice
Notepad and pen (in case I need to send him to shop or home for things!)
Toothbrush

For me:
Toilet bag with face wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, dry shampoo, body wash, maternity pads and breast pads, nipple cream and makeup for going home as we will probably go to my parents with her as it's on our way home and I don't want hospital visitors!
Is anyone else not washing their hair in hospital? Mines is long and takes hours to dry unless I blow dry it, I don't wanna bring my hair dryer and don't wanna be walking around/sleeping with wet hair.

To wear:
2x night shirts (one for pushing and one for after!)
1x pair pj bottoms and vest top (I hate wearing nighties so wanna get them on ASAP!)
Packet of cheap black pants
Socks
Housecoat and slippers
Comfy bra
Leggings, top and jumper for going home
One of oh's t shirts and a bikini top for if I use the pool

For baby:

This is where I'm really stumped! Does this sound ok?
2x newborn onesies
1x 0-3m onesie
2x newborn vests
1x 0-3m vest
2x cardigans, bootees, hat and mittens sets (the onesies have bootees and mittens built in anyway so it is just for extra warmth)
2x blankets
Hooded towel
Small toy
20 nappies
Wipes
Cotton wool balls
Bottles and formula incase breastfeeding doesn't work

Other essentials:
My phone charger
Hospital notes
Lip balm
Hand cream
Bobbles
Hypnobirthing things
Led candles
Pillow
Blanket
Music
Snacks
Energy drinks

This is my list, I've packed enough in case I end up being in for a couple of days; DH can bring more if needed:
Me
Maternity notes
Tens machine
Towel
Shower gel
Shampoo
Deodorant
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Lip balm
Moisturiser
Hair bands