Hospital lied to me the whole way along!

M

mandaxx

I'm meant to be booked in at 39 weeks for induction. I've been told from the day I first confirmed my pregnancy. I have severe pelvic arthropathy, my labours are incredibly fast and I have mental health issues that need close monitoring. For those reasons I was told I would be induced at 39 weeks because letting me go on my own would be dangerous for all three reasons. I was told at 34 weeks to come back at 36 weeks to get booked in. I went in and was told oh it's too early to book you, come back in two weeks that's time enough. Today I go back, on crutches to sit in a plastic chair for three hours, yes three hours to be told oh I'm sorry the soonest date we have is for your due date. Two weeks from now. I am lying here in pure agony and I've just had enough. Every time I go there some arsehole tells me a different story and no one gives a damn about you. Is there anything anyone knows that I can do? This is so unfair xxx

By the way, my official due date is 18th April. They decided to change it!

Can you appeal to your consultant, or get your doctor/whoever is in charge of your mental health care to intervene on your behalf? I'd think those are the best options. hope you can sort it!

Thank you hun. I rang my gp and he's going to fax the consultant to see if anything can be done. I will also get in touch with my social worker in maternity and hopefully together they can bug someone into doing something. It's such a disgrace to be told something all along to find out at the last minute it's changed xx

That sounds awful. I'm sorry you've been messed around so much! :-( it's not good at all and it's the build up and disappointment that must be the worst, let alone the pain!

I hope your consultant gets it sorted, it's it fair to be treated like that!

Thanks for the support :) I hope so too. I'm just praying it all turns out fine xx

I had so many problems with the hospitals in N. Ireland when having my daughter. They changed my due date 3 times, every time I was told different things. Ended up they wouldnt induce me til 42+6 and at that point they werent even going to start me because it was a Friday and they dont like doing it on the weekend. I threw a fit and started screaming at them all that the only way I was leaving that hospital was either with my baby in my hands or by police force. I think that was what it finally took for them to see I wasnt budging and they started me an hour later. My husband still says that if I didnt kick up that they would have left me pregnant forever. They really do as little as possible over there. In all honesty I would tell you to kick up too or they will just keep pushing you around.

Thanks hun, I think I will. I was so exhausted yesterday after sitting waiting to be seen for three hours that I just accepted it, which isn't like me. I think I might appear at accident and emergency saying my pelvis has gone completely. I think I could probably say that anyway as I'm battling through pain most people wouldn't put up with. I reckon they will find me a slot for induction quicker than admit me for two weeks on morpheine. Hey are a joke. Should be ashamed of themselves xxx

Got a date for Wednesday yaaaaay! Positive thoughts and prayers work wonders! xx

Oh so glad you got a better date. I am telling you that you need to be that "crazy" lady to get anywhere with the NHS. I told my OB over here the whole story of my pregnancy and birth from over in N.I. and she sat in horror as I told her. She couldnt believe that they could get away with the way they treated me. Hope all goes well with you and know that at least by Wednesday it will soon all be over :)

Thank you hun! I'm usually quite argumentative because too often you have to be, but I guess I kinda knew I had to go over the guys head and get to the consultant and it worked. Lucky I have medical experience and know these things. Women who don't would just assume that the first doctor had the say and here's nothing they could do. It's not right at all! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->