hospital phone call

mummy2one

DS (8) OH (34) ME (30)
Reaction score
Had a phone call from hospital, I have a UTI but the growth culture that theyve sent off for has come back growing a bug that is only treatable with penicillin which I am allergic to :shrug: The Dr at the hospital is having to ring me back after 9am when hes spoken to the lab to see if theres any other way to treat it, but now Im worried that they are going to bring baby early as he was worried about early labour and if I had any signs of labour starting which I dont think I have but I dont know as I was induced with DS :wacko:

Any ladies any experience with this?xx

Sorry no experience, but to reassure you I was induced with first and worried I wouldn't recognise labour signs with second...can honestly say you don't need to worry as you will know if it's starting x

Try not to worry, UTI's are very common in pregnancy and any UTI carries a slight increased risk because it can cause mild uterine irritability - so they are obliged to say that (about looking out for early labour). It doesn't mean they're going to bring the baby early or anything because of the infection, and there will be another way to treat it; lots of people are allergic to penicillin so there will be another antibiotic they will give instead - it just might need to be a broader spectrum one rather than such a specific one. Keep nice and hydrated and just ask them lots of questions if you're worried about anything :)

Had to pop in to MAC and get my prescription for nitrofurantoin as Im allergic to penicillin and spoke briefly to the Dr who said if there hadnt been another antibiotic I could have taken they would have had to have me admitted and taken action from there, Ive also to mention when I see my consultant on Thursday that Im been treated for an infection (forgotten the name luckily its written down :haha:) and see what she says.

For now Ive to take it easy, take the tablets 4xs a day for 7 days and use common sense if I need to ring labour or maternity assessment :) x

Glad to hear they found an alternative medication!:flower:

Don't worry there is never just one antibiotic to treat any given bacteria. Penicillin allergy is very common I have it myself and there's always an alternative med they can give!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->