Hospitals website a relief

readynwilling

Jadyn & Tyler's Mom
Reaction score
Im in Canada and on this side of the pond i find that epi's and inducitions are more frequent and I wasn't even sure if the hospital would be supportive of "my vision"...

So i checked out the website:

Breathing and relaxation techniques, position changes, and massage are some suggestions to help ease the pain
of labour. At times, even the best preparations do not prepare you for the length and strength of your labour. Only
you can decide what your pain is like. You may choose to ask for medication to help you cope with the pain.
There are a variety of options available for women during their birthing experience. Your personal beliefs and
expectations about labour and delivery will play a key role in helping you decide which options will work best for
you. You may want to learn more about support options through prenatal education classes and personal reading.
You are encouraged to discuss your hopes and plans for labour with your health care team -physician, midwife,
nurse, and your support person.

If you experience an uncomplicated vaginal birth, soon after birth your baby may be placed on your chest, skin to skin. This will allow you to spend those precious first moments close to your newborn. Skin to skin contact has also been shown to stabilize newborn temperature and blood sugars. At some point your baby will be dried, weighed and wrapped in a blanket. His or her mouth and nose may be suctioned to clear amniotic fluid and mucous. Staff will check to make sure your baby is doing well.

Most babies are alert during the two hours or so after birth and it is a wonderful time for families to be together. You are encouraged to hold and to breastfeed your baby. Ask your nurse for help if you need some assistance.

It also mentions TENS machines and birthing balls and walking around PHEW!

So as long as the OBGYN i have been refered to is on board i should be ok to go ahead and do my research and write a birth plan. :thumbup:

Its good to see some hospitals have such info available. My hospital doesn't have a website being the UK NHS and the info I could find was limited. Had more info on where to park your car than the facilities to give birth in! Hope you get to give birth your way, with as much as you can from your birth plan being followed/respected x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->