Hot Bath….

mysteriouseye

Pregnant with No.3
Reaction score
Is that still allowed this early on in pregnancy? I love love love my hot baths and especially working full time with 1 year old and the morning sickness it makes me feel so much better but I don’t want to take a hot one if is damaging beanie?

xxx

I don't think so, I haven't had a bath for months, I have had showers mind :) x

I'm not sure.. I think being constantly submerged in hot water can overheat you and baby. Plus lower your bp and make you dizzy so I wouldn't risk it. I still have hotish showers though as the water isn't being concentrated on your body so less likely to get too hot x

Haha I do wash lol, just too scared to take a bath! Showers all the way for me x

You can just don't have a 'so hot it hurts and makes me feel dizzy' bath :)

My doctor said WARM not hot baths are ok - the water can't be above 100 degrees and no longer than 10 minutes. If you start sweating, you need to get out. HOT baths are my favorite thing as well but I'm adjusting! He said esp first trimester but really all the the time it can be bad on baby b/c it will cause baby to overhead & it can't regulate like we can.

Hot baths open the pores and bad bacteria can give you and baby infections. Not recommended at all during pregnancy. I love hot baths but I'm adjusting.

My doctor said that any kind of baths are a no no

I take baths almost every night as it is freezing here and it's the only way for me to warm up. I keep a thermonitor handy and make sure the water is between 100 - 106 and I don't spend more than 10 minutes in the tub. From my research you should be fine :) and my doctor never said anything about it

No baths? boo.... I didn't know that!

I am really bummed that I will have to stop my nightly bath ritual, it is FREEZING here. It was -19C yesterday which makes it very difficult to keep the home warm :(

Baths are ok as long as they are warm. I had a warm bath every day when I was pregnant with my son and he's perfect.

I didn't know all this until after my daughter was born and she is absolutely fine. Now I know though I still have baths but cool ones. The idea that it opens the pores and causes infection in a new one on me and I am a nurse.

My doctor said that any kind of baths are a no no

any bath?
im screwed then i don't have a shower and will not be paying to get one as in looking for a new home

You'll be fine. As long as its not boiling hot like others have said. I'm in the same position as you and moving after Christmas and currently only have a bath in this place. Baby is currently kicking away to herself so I guess the daily baths have done her no harm.

You can take warm baths just not the kind that would have you overheating/sweating, as others have said.

Baths are FINE! Just as long as they're not hot enough to turn your skin red or make you sweat!

Baths are absolutely fine. Just no hot tubs and don't let it be so hot you go red or sweat. If you are taking mild warm or cool baths it doesn't hurt in any way. If that were the case they would say we couldn't swim either and it is actually the number one recommended exercise for pregnant women.

Yeah I agree as long as its not too hot, I say warm but mine are usually a bit more than warm, but not hot enough to cause the skin to go red or for me to sweat. To be honest if I get in and find its too hot I soon have to add cold water anyway coz I cant stand being hot in pregnancy anyway.
I had a bath every day when pregnant with my dd and will do in this pregnancy too, never heard of getting infections from having a bath to be honest, only thing might be that using too many scented soaps in baths could cause bacterial vaginosis perhaps?? I've had BV before (not when pregnant) and was told to stop using scented soaps to wash my lady garden :blush:

im extremely high risk and if my own doctor recommends warm baths i think there fine..

plus at the ob place we used to work we recommend them for so much especially because there natural to take away pain..

but not hot...do not go over 100 degrees and if u feel urself over heating get out...

enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->