Hot bath. Now worried

yourstruly10

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't have but I didn't realize how hot it was when I got in as I was so cold. I could not warm up after coming home tonight and shivering was hurting my tummy. So I took a bath and it was prett warm so now I'm a little worried. Bubs sounds fine on the Doppler so I probably should relax.

Btw is -39 c here today. I think that's like -38 f

Hey! I wouldn't worry :) And by the way, where do you live in Canada? NFL? I hear they were hit with 3 big huge snow storms... but I don't blame ya for wanting to warm up!!

Thanks. I tend to be a worry wart until I can feel baby move.
I live in Saskatchewan. -39 is unfortunately pretty normal for our winters here.

Here's some info..

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x546741/is-it-safe-to-have-hot-baths-during-pregnancy

It all sounds a bit scary but honestly, as long as you feel ok, I don't think once will matter.

I did the same thing the other day and was terrified. Had a scan since then and none of the problems it can cause were present :)

Of course everybody's different but they say if it's not so hot that you have to inch your way in, it's probably all good.

God, I miss my boiling baths haha
xx

I live in Saskatchewan. -39 is unfortunately pretty normal for our winters here.

Where abouts in Saskatchewan are you?? I'm a Sask girl too :)

Where abouts in Saskatchewan are you?? I'm a Sask girl too :)

I'm a Moose Jaw sask girl. This wind chill is killing me. Kinda glad I'm missing the grey cup. Wouldn't be able to sit through it. I just got bumped back to 11 weeks 2 days today but still very close :)

I'm in Estevan :) I think Sunday is supposed to be warmer although I'll be watching the grey cup in doors! Lol.

My ultrasound is Monday so we will see what they end up giving me for due date!

I'm in Estevan :) I think Sunday is supposed to be warmer although I'll be watching the grey cup in doors! Lol.

If I remember correctly your bump is rather large. I'm excited to see what they find on Monday for you :)

I totally miss my hot baths as well were not nearly as cold as you guys but i hate cold gl to all who have scans coming up

My hospital recommended baths to relax so they can't be that bad! My fam is from SK outside of Regina :D ah the wind...

I had a warm bath last weekend and kept changing positions from sitting, lying to kneeling lol!
I was afraid LO might get too hot. I miss my Sauna Fridays so much, i do sauna's even in the summer.

I only have a bath, so sometimes they're hot and sometimes there lukewarm. Baby is kicking inside me so I wouldn't worry to much. I love hot baths in the winter.

Minus 39C do you have snow? I love snow. I'm in England and where I live I never get snow, now proper snow. So pretty jealous.

Your body will tell you its not ok and you will feel really uncomftable and over heated way before u will do any damage to baby.

They are well protected in there. Just make sure u keep your body temp at a comftable level. If you feel ok then dont worry.

I always open a window and take a cold drink in the bath with me, i have them quite warm :)

I had numerous hot baths when pregnant with DD...had them hot, hot to try to bring on labour when i was overdue...nothing happened and she was just fine. I've had a couple of hot baths this pregnancy too. No-one here has ever mentioned avoiding them (drs, midwife etc) so cant be that bad. I'm sure i heard first time around if its sooo hot that its turning your skin red its bad, otherwise its fine xx

????I dont umderstand the question sorry hun I dnt u derstand how a hot bath would matter?

Its to do with over heating. If you have a hot bath, sauna, jacuzzi, etc, before 12 weeks since your raising your core body temperature which makes you sweat your more likely to have more things go wrong with developing the baby. After 12 weeks is fine though. This is what the NHS say. Not sure how much truth to it there is.

I think you would have to have a very hot bath and keep it hot for a very long time to have hyperthermia that was prolonged enough to cause an issue.

If I remember correctly your bump is rather large. I'm excited to see what they find on Monday for you :)

It is :) I'm shorter though so maybe that's part of it (5'3)
I got somewhat big with my son but this ones rediculous lol.
How are you feeling?

We do have snow here. Lots and lots of it :)
And yeah I was just worried about over heating te baby as it's not good for them but I never got dizzy or uncomfortable so thank you lady's you are probably right and I am just fine.

It is :) I'm shorter though so maybe that's part of it (5'3)
I got somewhat big with my son but this ones rediculous lol.
How are you feeling?

I'm feeling not to bad. Still pretty tired. Sore from tummy stretching organs moving but still pretty ok. Wish I could be off work and just home with my girls but may will come soon enough.
How are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->