Hot baths?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Are hot baths safe if my belly is above water? I keep finding conflicting information, but I could really use a nice hot bath, my back and hips are killing me!

I been wondering the same thing, because I have only found mostly "don't do it" and a few "it is fine"

I wondered this. I have always had 1.. Everything is ok thus far

I've had plenty of warm baths :) I'm careful that they're not too hot but still nice and warm! Won't be having any more now though, it's stifling hot here!

I always have had nice hot baths during pregnancy and nothing ever happened. I have not been too bad with this pregnancy but in my last I was having 2 baths a day as it was the only place I felt comfortable!

I always have a hot bath and all my babies have been fine soninwouldnt worry I haven't been told not too

Its something to do with your core body temperature, not bump, as long as its not roasting you are fine.

As long as your are drinking lots of water before and after your baths you should be ok, I think the reason your not supposed to is that your body temperature is already elevated from being pregnant and the babies body temp is high inside of you as well, so you don't want to overheat. However, our bodies are very good at telling us when too much is too much, if you experience being dizzy, light headed, or increased heart rate during or after your bath it might be too hot.

My doctor told me warm baths are fine but to avoid hot baths. I can always tell if I got my bath too hot because baby will start kicking and jumping around in there, so I get out.

i have hot baths all the time, this is my third pregnancy and no issues xx

Thanks for the replies! I went ahead and had one last night...aside from my son trying not to sleep and in turn let me relax, it was amazing! It was suggested to me by my midwife to use epsom salts so I did that too..I think I'll be taking another one tonight! Didn't help so much with the pain when I got out but while I was in it was incredible.:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->