House work tips!! Add yours

I vacuum twice a day, put the washing machine on at least once a day so the washing doesn't build up. Wash up and clean the table and chairs after every meal, encourage the kids to help tidy their toys away before bed so they know that once they are put away they can't take them back out again ( and I get a nice tidy lounge to watch corrie in )

Most of the time my house looks like an explosion in a clothes/toy factory, but with 3 kids, a cat and a dog its never going to be immaculate. I am lucky that my 3 yr old and 2 yr old are cleaning obsessed, they love to get the baby wipes out and clean the floor, sofa, table, dog...

I vacuum twice a day, put the washing machine on at least once a day so the washing doesn't build up. Wash up and clean the table and chairs after every meal, encourage the kids to help tidy their toys away before bed so they know that once they are put away they can't take them back out again ( and I get a nice tidy lounge to watch corrie in )

Most of the time my house looks like an explosion in a clothes/toy factory, but with 3 kids, a cat and a dog its never going to be immaculate. I am lucky that my 3 yr old and 2 yr old are cleaning obsessed, they love to get the baby wipes out and clean the floor, sofa, table, dog...

:haha::haha:that made me lol could just imagin a dog with a baby wipe sticking out its ear haha

If you have a splattered microwave spray with cleaner and tip half a glass of water onto the glass plate and put on full power for 4 mins. Stuff just wipes straight off!
Also saucepans , if they have burnt on food on the bottom boil water in there and tip some washing powder in for 5 mins on simmer.

If anyone has any window cleaning tips I'd be grateful!! We have 16ft of bi-fold doors at the back of the house. I could smash them to bits everytime I try and clean them they're still so smeared. I've tried mr muscle and spray windowlene. ???

I have found that sterilising fluid works really well on getting rid of burnt on stains in pans. It's a tip I got from my OH. He works in the supermarket business and always uses sterilient to get stubborn things off the floors. Stickers etc.

If you have a splattered microwave spray with cleaner and tip half a glass of water onto the glass plate and put on full power for 4 mins. Stuff just wipes straight off!
Also saucepans , if they have burnt on food on the bottom boil water in there and tip some washing powder in for 5 mins on simmer.

If anyone has any window cleaning tips I'd be grateful!! We have 16ft of bi-fold doors at the back of the house. I could smash them to bits everytime I try and clean them they're still so smeared. I've tried mr muscle and spray windowlene. ???

How about vinegar and drying with newspaper?

:haha::haha:that made me lol could just imagin a dog with a baby wipe sticking out its ear haha

if only it was just his ear :haha:

if only it was just his ear :haha:

Oh the joys :haha:

would anyone post clean house/messy house pics to give us all a kick up the bum?
Today i have done Stripped our bed (in the machine)
Sorted my cubord out

Need to do:
Strip izzy bed
Do dishes wipe down work tops
hover and mop
dust
Ironing if izzy will have a nap

I always make sure floors and work tops are clean, the rest does not look as bad then lol

I scrubbed and bleached the kitchen floor yesterday afternoon , 5 minutes later the dog walked over it with muddy paws - I hate this weather !!!!

i must be nesting just de weeded all my yard n bleeched it!

I agree with hoovering everyday, it instantly makes me feel better and the lounge seem tidier.

I wash the pots straight afer using, saves them piling up and pissing me off.Then i'll dry them and put them away a little later.

Do atleast a wash a day, we use a dryer, don't iron and put the clothes away when I can.

Hmm I'll come back later lol.
x

if things pile up and seem too much i throw it all in one area, on table or a chair and then take each thing to the place it belongs, rather than picking up each thing and taking it.
i spray everything with window cleaner, cupboards, leather settees, microwave, oven, sides.
i always make sure there is no more than 4 things in the sink, if there is they have to be washed before they pile up.
i try and sort out a cupboard once a week because it ends up with things that dont belong or just messy.
vinegar for grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->