Housing benefit vs part time work help?!

rm1234

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick question I'm hoping some of you could help :)

I've recently gone back to work and earning half the amount of money a week I was on mat leave. My partner earns around £850 a month and I earn £220, our rent is £725, plus bills etc you can imagine we're struggling :(

My question is do I apply for housing benefit? Or will I get totally shut down? :(

We're desperate :(
The most infuriating thing is I know couples/mums that don't work and are better off than we are! :(

x

I would go and see citizens advice! Me and my oh went the other week and they were really helpful. Ive posted in this section myself and the figures were shocking.
We too are struggling (like many other people i bet!) I will not be returning to work once my leave ends due to the figures they gave me.
I work 16 hrs pw and we would only be £15 a month better off for doing so! I am not prepared to put my 3 children into nursery/after school clubs for an extra 15 quid a month! The system is backwards! X

I think i get slightly less than you and i dont qualify :(

ETA sorry misread what you get. Sounds like you should be entitled hun. Do you not qualify for working tax credit?? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->