Housing benefit

highhopes19

Reaction score
Unfortunately me and tom are no longer together:cry: I'm hoping in the future we can work this out but at this moment in time all we do is shout at each other and have bothe agreed this isn't the environment we want Isabelle to grow up in :(. Therefore from Friday night he is going back to live with his parents.

I've phoned around everywhere to make them aware and ive been told by the local council I may be entitled to some help regarding my rent as I'm working 16 hours a week.

Today I've received the form and it's pretty straight forward to fill in but the documents needed are what's confusing me!

It's saying wage slips but all our wages at work are done online through a thing called a vault :/ ( no idea) we no longer get wage slips and due to an error their end I haven't been able to log on and see wages since they changed this last September they've been trying to fix this for me with no success so far :(

I was wondering could I just send them in a wage slip... I don't get taxed every month as I don't earn enough so I'm wondering if this will be sufficient... And as we've only just really moved I haven't changed the address on my provisional licence!

Aaaahhhh it's not going well!

Have you got a P60? Your employer should of sent one in the post in April 2014. A photocopy of this, sent to your local borough council, should clearly show & prove you havent paid any tax for the last tax year, with a cover note explaining you cant currently access your online payslips. I would ring 1st & check if this will pass their check & tick off another of their boxes! If your council offices are local, i would skip sending things in the post, & drop it in in person, these things can take a while & you want any payments your entitled to, to start as soon as possible.

Sorry your going through this. There is alot to sort out when going through a break up, along side trying to deal with your emotions. Any questions RE benefits etc please dont hesitate to ask me, i was in your position 17 months ago & can only imagine what your going through. Chin up.

Becky x

You can ask for a form that can be filled in by your employer that shows how much you earn.

Think it's called a statement of earnings x

your p60 should be enough. all it is is to prove your income.
do u have a passport or another photo id?
or try & use your driving lisence with a few more things with proof of address. ie bank statement (this should also state what your wages are) phone bill, elec bill etc.

also they want original copies of everything, i wouldnt risk posting them!

as pp said feel free to pm me as ive been through it all.

you may also get help with council tax xx

I think every borough must differ as i have been able to send/take photocopies before so double check what your local council allows.

I think every borough must differ as i have been able to send/take photocopies before so double check what your local council allows.

ahh yeah call them then.
mine wanted me to post originals.. no way was i posting all my info, even if i sent it recorded they just post back normal 2nd class.. x

i too dont get wage slips, me is done my direct bank transfer, so my boss printed out his bank statement showing only payments to me, they accepted this in Leeds.
i hope this is possible for you?
also the address on my license is my mums address, ive put a claim in for housing benefit for 2 addresses using this ID all i needed as far as i remember was my photo ID and tenancy agreement, plus the proof of wage'
ive always given them the bank transfer copy, at my previous job it was the same. As a wage slip i got the confirmation page that the money had been paid, never a actual slip.. hope this helps, sorry if it doesnt. if all else fails, ring them and ask x

I'm pretty sure you need current proof of earnings, not just your P60. When I started claiming as a temp they had every wage slip I got for 6 months because I do different hours each week, so my money was always being adjusted according to what I earnt.

When I've been paid monthly and the same each month I just gave them some pay slips. I'm pretty sure though your bank statements would be enough proof as a wage slip. I find they are very helpful and I always ring the helpline for advice. They'll be able to tell you what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->