How accurate are cb digi with conception indicators?

kimmy04

Reaction score
I know the box says 92% accurate but I'm wondering if mine could have been wrong? I have tested with a few frers and my lines have gone from faint to very dark, good progression. I took a cb digi and it came up as only 1-2 weeks? My last period was dec 4 and I should be nearly 5 weeks. Shouldn't it have at least said 2-3?

Im super paranoid since my mc 8 weeks ago!

I've "heard" they weren't very accurate but they always have been when I took them. But i wouldn't worry about it. I have heard lots of "horror" stories with those things. As long as your other tests are showing progression then I would say your fine :)

Do you think it could also mean I ovulated late? I'm not sure when I ovulated.. But if it was only 1-2 weeks would the frers really get that dark by then?

Thanks!

I was around 3.5 weeks and my test line was already darker then my control line on the FRER so I think everyone's levels are different. With my last pregnancy I was around the same time and the test line was SUPER light. So both of my pregnancies were completely different.

At 3 1/2 weeks it said 1-2 and it took until 5 weeks with first morning urine to click over to 2-3 and I had a lot of hcg already in my system but our urine is diluted so you can't use them to track progression of pregnancy. Good luck and happy and healthy nine months!!

I think it was pretty accurate for me but I stopped testing after I got a 2-3 weeks so I didn't follow for progression or anything.

I have read tons of threads on here about them being wrong though so I wouldn't let it worry you!

X

I haven't ever had problems with them but always seeing on here how inaccurate they have been for other people.

When I was pregnant with my DD they were 100% accurate

3+6 said 1-2
4+1 said 2-3
5+1 said 3+

This time. I'm not so sure. 17th-28th December (11-22DPO) said 1-2. Then 29th to the 5th Jan (23-30DPO 5+2-6+2)said 2-3 weeks. Then 6th January said 3+ and I was 6+3 I have a scan booked for Friday to check everything is ok so time will tell whether there's an *issue* or they were *inaccurate* as far as weeks go.

They indicate HCG levels. So just cause you don't have the *right* level for the the *right* week doesn't mean everything is not ok if that makes sense?

:flow:

I don't know how accurate they are, and I'm trying not to think about it tbh because on sat I got 2-3 (which is 4-5 weeks preg) when I was 6+1 weeks and thought for sure I'd be seeing a 3+.

i used 2... the first one said 1-2 weeks, the second used 2 days later said 2-3 weeks

This was a huge amount of reassurance when my CB digis weren't progressing as fast as they should've. It appealed to the inner nerd in me and everything is fine with this jellybean.

This is a very long post so sorry for boring you with my nerdy moment and feel free to skip to the last couple of paragraphs if you CBA to read the big explanation.
I absolutely HATE CB Digi. It's the conception indicator i hate most. I think it's just another expensive thing to stress pregnant women out.
I see so many women using these things to 'monitor' their hcg level to make sure they are still pregnant and it saddens me. These poor women are so stressed over it unnesecarily. And they shouldn't be if they knew how they work! (Feel free to skip this part if you aren't interested in HCG levels/pregnancy test lesson)
For those who aren't as nerdish as me, A non pregnant woman (And this is a very simplified as short as poss way of explaining all this!) can typically have a level of 1 - 5 ml/u of HCG in her system. This is the first big thing that can influence the results of any test and makes it absolutely impossible to know exactly how far gone you are just from HCG levels - Even with a quantative blood test which is the ONLY accurate way to monitor HCG levels, But because [as the following two scenarios show] there is such a massive margain between what are considered 'normal' levels for a pregnant woman even if they implant on the same day it's very difficult to tell how far they are even with a QBT!
So in scenario one, We have a woman who has 1ml/u of HCG in her system in a non - pregnant state. We shall say implantation is 8 days post ovulation. So, HCG typically doubles every 48 hours - So on 8dpo hcg is starting at 1ml/u
10dpo it doubles to 2ml/u
12 dpo - doubles again to 4mlu
14dpo - 8ml/u
16dpo - 16ml/u
18dpo - 32ml/u
20dpo - 62ml/u
22dpo - 124ml/u
So here you have a 5 weekish pregnant woman with 124ml/u of hcg in her system. A very sensitive pregnancy test could pick it up around 15 - 16dpo. CB digi would not detect it until 19/20dpo and would count it as low levels and probably say 1 - 2 weeks which is not right for her dates - Pregnant woman stresses, Takes more tests which cost a fortune!
In another scenario you have a woman who in her non pregnant state has 5ml/u of hcg in her system. She conceives and again implantation is on 8 days post ovulation. So starting with 5ml/u at 8dpo;
10dpo it doubles to 10ml/u
12 dpo - doubles again to 20mlu
14dpo - 40ml/u
16dpo - 80ml/u
18dpo - 160ml/u
20dpo - 320ml/u
22dpo - 640ml/u
So, Now we have two women, Both conceived and implanted on the same dpo but Woman number 1 wouldn't find out until 15/16dpo with a very senstive test, but woman number 2 would be able to find out at just 10dpo with a very sensitive test. CB digi for her would pick up higher levels of HCG and most likely tally with her dates as it would pick it up around 15dpo and probably say 1 - 2 or 2 - 3 which would be correct!
I have lost the will to live from explaining to people exactly why HCG levels cannot in any way be monitored accurately with urine tests - You can only tell from a quantative blood test exactly how much or if it's rising properly or not as so much influences a urine test - Even down to room temperature! Liquid intake, dye in the test[For none digi], reactants are all factors that influence results.
Big well done if you have got through my nerdy boring post!

Hiya :) with my first lo I got really dark lines straight away on frer, but with my second i got really light lines, barely visible. The clearblue ones in my first said 3+ which would have been right but for my second they said 1-2 when it should have said 3+. Every pregnancy is different and tests respond differently to every pregnancy, try not to panic x X

Thanks everyone! This has certainly helped me forget about buying yet another test and to just wait to see the doctor instead! I'm just feeling the pressure from the last mc I had 8 weeks ago but I guess what's going to happen is already happening! No point in trying to figure it all out now

Mine said not pregnant the same day my levels came back at 102:growlmad:

I took aFRER Jan 6. it was positive without a doubt. today. . . 2 days later i tried a cb and it says not pregnant. this is my first pregnancy and i am so confused. today i am 18 dp. i would think the cb would register a pregnancy by now. anybody else have this experience?

I don't trust those CB digis because they go by an estimated hCG range based on the amount of dye that reacts. So many things can make that reaction go hinky-urine dilution, how much reaction agent is on the test strip, etc.

1-2 weeks estimate is based on 25-200 mIU hCG
2-3 weeks estimate is based on 200-2000 mIU hCG
3+ weeks estimate is based on 2000+ mIU hCG

I had 1-2 weeks showing up even though I was 4+3 (and to add to this, my hCG was tested that same day but came back at 236...), 2-3 weeks showed up when I was 5+4 and I didn't get a 3+ until I was well past 6 weeks. If your hCG starts off on the lower end (like mine does and as explained in that really long post above), then the conception indicator can be REALLY off. Your wee isn't the same concentration as your blood so the only real way to know what your hCG is doing is to have a quantitative hCG done with a repeat done in 2-3 days.

And for the record, I know how you are feeling. I found out I was pg this time when AF never showed after my last miscarriage (which was my second miscarriage in 3 months). I've been jumpier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs and mouse traps since I found out but I'm currently 13+1 and all appears to be well so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->