How accurate are your pregnancy notes?

jenniferannex

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows how accurate the babies growth chart is on our notes, see mine has always measured above average and that shes going to be a big baby, like now im 38 weeks and she is said to be roughly 8lb 6oz already! which is great...for the baby!! lol!

so is this right or could it be different than it says as it doesnt seem very accurate just by measuring my tummy as there could also be alot of water in there :shrug:

Those measurements are not that accurate. With my 2nd daughter they told me she was very small for my dates (approx 5lb at 39 weeks) they even in labour they told me this, when she was born she actually weighed 7lb 6oz :shrug:. xx

I have heard more stories of them being innacurate than accurate!

I see midwife this morning at 36wks - have never been given estimate weights - even tho I am measuring small - bump is tiny for 36wks - had growth scan 10 days ago and all is measuring spot on around the 50th centile. I will ask her today if she can guess the babys weight - she should be able to as you can feel the whole outline of babys body when you touch my tummy!

They don't give weight estimates where I live, I think because they are very inaccurate when based on fundal height.

They can tell better if you've had growth scans etc, but then all they do is estimate the weight based on the other measurements they take, that's all they did at my 4D scan anyway which wasn't medical, but used the same machine as they do at the hospital.

Ditto here, no guesses on weight as it's just too inaccurate. Scans are better, but still not 100%.

They don't give weight estimates where I live, I think because they are very inaccurate when based on fundal height.

They can tell better if you've had growth scans etc, but then all they do is estimate the weight based on the other measurements they take, that's all they did at my 4D scan anyway which wasn't medical, but used the same machine as they do at the hospital.

yeh thats how they did it with me just by basing it on other measurements, so its nothing proper really, but thanks guys was just wondering what you all thought :laugh2:

I don't think they are very accurate at all, even if they give you a growth scan the answer they give you is give or take 2 lbs which is quite a big gap- if they tell you 6 lbs that means you could have a 4 lb baby or an 8 lb baby. You are so right about the fluid as well.

Mine were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off!

Think mine were about 41weeks @ 9lb 3oz.

I was expecting another baby bigger than 8lbs for sure, seems amber was 8lb 10oz.

I was 9 days late so i deffo thought she was going to be at least 9lb...... came out at 7lb 11oz

Total shocker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->