How acurate was your size prediction?

iwantabub

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

Was measuring big and went for scan... little one is measuring spot on 32.5 today except for height... hes a week behind... little shortie like his mum lol...

He weighs 4 pounds at the moment...or 1.9kg...

They dont do a prediction based on that so I was wondering... what did u laides measure at your growth scans? And what did bubs.turn out to be???

Also when did u give birth. .. if u went over did they come out a lot bigger coz of extra cooking time :) heheh

With DS I was told 7.5lb-8lb... he was 9lb 15oz :haha:. With this LO my growth scan from 30 weeks puts LO at just under 8lbs but I'm thinking smaller. We'll see soon!
Oh edited to add, he came at 42 weeks. But his size estimate was from 2 days before.

I kept measuring one week bigger and daughter was born at 38+6 and weighed 7lbs13oz and measured 52cm. X

I had a scan 2 days before Joshua's arrival at 34 weeks. They estimated 3lb 9oz, he was a tiny 2lb 7oz when he was born. x

My last scan with my youngest was accurate but the one before was by someone more inexperienced and she said 8lb4, he was 7lb4. My midwife was completely accurate from feel, she disagreed with that scan report. That scan was just under a week before he was born. My last scan said about 7 1/2 lb and was the day before he was due/born

Had a scan at 34 weeks and was told Joel was 4lb12 and bang on average. When he was born at 40+6 he was 7lb6 so the scan was pretty accurate (assuming he didn't grow much when overdue).

I had a scan three days befor birth with my last, was told bed be 9lbs, he was 7lbs 6oz

My SIL was told her boy would be 9 lbs too, he was 11lbs 8oz!

At 34+4 told 7lb 4 and to expect a 9.5 to 10lb baby had scan yesterday at 40+3 and he currently is 11lb 2 hopefully by tomorrow will find out how accurate it is x

Very handy thread. I've got a scan next Monday as I'm measuring 40 weeks at 36. Ive been told to expect a big baby glad to know they aren't accurate as I've been super nervous.

When my daughter passed the U/S they did to confirm put her at 2lbs. She was 1lb 15oz, so pretty much right on.

One day before I had ultrasound to check fluid ( which was low so I ended up being induced) they estimated 7.5 lbs.. Maybe 8. She was born the next day at 8 lbs 10 oz. I just don't think they can be very accurate...

I was told they can be out by up to 2lb either way x

i had a growth scan a week before i had dd and she was measureing bang on 7lb i went 3 days over and she came out a whopping 8lb15 oz so she was a chunky baby :)

I was told adrian would be around 6 lbs a week before be was due ... he was born 2 days after his due date and weighed 8lbs 2.9 oz lol I now have a different doctor who says this baby weighed 4 lbs 6 oz on april 3rd at my last appointment.

I had a growth scan at 32 weeks, last pregnancy and was told estimated weight at birth would be 8lb 2, she was 10 days overdue and 7lbs 4!

Never had scans with dd1 but as she was only 4lb 8oz at 35+3 I got them with my other two. Ds was estimated to be above average and born at 35+5 was 6lb 7oz!!! Dd2 was always 'average' and was 7lb 1oz at bang on 39 wks so always been accurate for me xx

Growth scan at 37 weeks predicted between 8 1/2 and 9lb at 40 weeks. I gave birth at 40+5 and she was 9,6 1/2. This time I've had a growth scan at 32 weeks and he is 5,8oz predicted to be 9,8oz at 40 weeks. Xxx

With my first son I had a scan for positioning at 36 weeks and was told he would be much larger than average, I had him by c-section at 39+1 and he was 6lbs 14oz. So while they did not give me an exact estimate I would say they were pretty far off.

I was told he would be 7-8lbs, and he was born 10lbs 6oz at 37 +4 weeks. So sometimes they can be waaaaaay off. But it's still fun to guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->