how are you coping with toddlers too?

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
So I am not even in 3rd tri yet (24 weeks) but am already strugg with my 15m old. He wants constsnt carrying etc and from 3pm til bedtime around 6ish I feel so bloated and ill and ds gets whingey and demanding. Some afternoons I feel like I can't physically cope :-(

I have an almost 15 month old, and I know how you feel! I've just started getting some bad pelvic pain, and it kills to carry her up and down the stairs. She's constantly hanging on my legs, saying, "Up! Up! Up!" but there's no way I can carry her as often as she wants me to. :nope:

my son is 3.5 so is at playschool 3 days a week which helps - he hates playing on his own so i have to keep him occupied all day!! :-/ im so tired and cant walk for long due to SPD - luckily its been lovely weather here so we have just been playing in the garden x

My LO is 19 months old and so so attached to me. He's been very clingy for about ten months now, but I'm starting to see a bit more confidence and independence emerging. So maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel for you too!

My 19 month old is a total momma's girl and demands my attention constantly. When we are home at night, DH helps pick her up and put her in my lap when she wants up. I very rarely carry her these days, that stopped a couple of weeks ago. Now when she asks to be picked up, I tell her to come to the couch with me and we walk there together holding hands and then she climbs up into my lap and we read books, etc.

Im also starting to struggle with changing her on the floor, so I have started to change her on the couch, which is good practice for me as I will be having a Section and there is no way I will be able to get up and down off the floor for a few weeks!

I am so worried about being away from her for the days I will be in the hospital. Fortunately she will be at school (daycare) on the day of my procedure and then DH will bring her in during the day on Sat and Sun to spend time with me and her new little sister.

My daughter is nearly 3.5 years old but because she is so light she has been carried loads which has made her quite lazy. I have had to start being stricter about making her walk and when going out now I take the buggy so if she doesn't want to walk she goes in it which means she now walks most places as doesn't want to go in the buggy. Not much use for you though as your lo is still young.

On days I am really struggling I am guilty for putting the TV on to Ben & Holly or Peppa pig.

Yea it's getting harder. My DD is 15 months old and very clingy/demanding. But she doesn't understand so I give her as much attention as I can. Sometimes I just lay on the floor and let her play on me when I need a break haha! Luckily last month she finally started walking, so I'm not carrying her quite as much, but more often than I like!

My DS is in daycare and I work full time. Our evenings are crazy and I'm exhausted but I am trying so hard to give him everything I've got until the baby comes. He's almost 18 months and will be just over 19 months when his brother arrives. I know I will love ds2 the second I see him (I already do) but don't know how there will be enough of me to be a great mom to both. I just keep that in mind when ds1 is tiring me out!!

My 11 month old is super busy and wants to be with mammy all the time....exhausting.

DD is nearly three, but we cant financially afford for her to be in daycare/preschool. Sadly ive not been coping well with her tantruming/terrible toys/etc, and have no.help what so ever, I kind of just cry. Feel like such a shit.mom tgese days

How am I coping? Lol I am not! I keep losing it and going to my room to take a break. I have a 2.5 year old plus I watch another one the same age. I have no patience and cannot wait to have this new baby because my mom will be here to help! Plus I am not going to be watching them any more, yay!

My 18mo is in daycare 5 days a week (although this will be the last week). I'm still able to pick her up but I don't make it a practice to carry her very far. Up to the changing table, onto the couch, or into her crib is usually fine. DH does most of it when he is home.

I'm almost more concerned for the first 6 weeks after birth (I'm having a c-sec on June 13) when I absolutely won't be able to pick her up. I hate having my mother stay at my house, but I've accepted that it will be necessary after DH goes back to work (he's only taking 1.5 weeks off). Mom will be here for week 2-3 and then MIL/FIL will be coming to visit for a week or two. Then I'll have to decide if I can cope at that point or ask Mom to come back (they're all retired).

I have a 3.5yo and a 1yo. It's tiring but I actually quite enjoy it. Compared to how I felt this time last pregnancy when I stopped work at 30 weeks, I'm full of it! lol My 1yo is clingy at the moment (worse in the evenings as usual with his age group) so I've moved dinner forward a bit and then give my 3.5yo a supper once LO is in bed at 6.30. Dinner-bedtime is purely me and the boys most nights so I put everything aside and play with them or have snuggles in front of some cartoons. I try to get my housework done in the morning when LO has his nap (usually 10.30-1.30 but it's been a but all over the place recently) and my eldest will help, play in the garden, watch TV, eat his breakfast etc then we'll go out in the afternoon to wear them both out ready for the evening. Eldest goes to pre-school 2 full days a week in term time too which is nice for us all lol :blush:

I'm very lucky in that I've (touch wood) never had to deal with SPD or MS - only a touch of SI pain which is fine as long as I don't sit in 1 position for too long. I think if I had to deal with that it would be a completely different kettle of fish. I'm also loving the fact that the weather is brighter nowadays.....don't think I'd be half as happy if it was the middle of winter.

I have a 3.5 year old and find it quite hard work at the moment, but by the same token enjoying our special time till it all changes! I think I would be fine if I wasnt dealing with hip and back pain and waddling around like an elephantine duck! In my Second tri I felt like superwoman lol...Never thought I'd feel as shitty as I do now haha! Will be nice if I can vbac and be fit and well post-partum to deal with the kids! :p

I've been working at getting eva less used to being lifted the last few months to make it easier on me now, and it seems to have worked reasonably well. I'll sit on a pillow on the ground beside her while she plays, and she loves getting sitting up beside me on the sofa. It took a while to get her to understand that she wasn't allowed to clamber over mummy's tummy, but now she gets it. She also loves being outside and is a lot easier to manage there than inside, so we've been outside every day since I started maternity leave last week. Probably helps that she's used to being in nursery when I'm in work anyway I suppose. I also have to remind myself not to overdo things when she's taking her nap, as if I get too tired I don't have the same patience with her. Also if I overdo things my hips get a lot sorer, so heavier housework is a no-no anyway, much as it bugs me to not be able to do it the same.

Since i got pregnant my 2.5 years old became more wingy, he only wants me to pick him up and want to sleep next to the bump :hugs: but other than that i just try to cope withit until his dad comes back from work .. Midwife appointements are a nightmare with him but hey thats life:flower:

Since i got pregnant my 2.5 years old became more wingy, he only wants me to pick him up and want to sleep next to the bump :hugs: but other than that i just try to cope withit until his dad comes back from work .. Midwife appointements are a nightmare with him but hey thats life:flower:

Oh I feel your pain on that one! I have to take both of them with me as the only day clinic runs is a Monday and hubby only gets 1 Monday in 3 off work/uni so guaranteed they don't match up lol. . The appointment room is upstairs. Eddy has recently learned to walk, and if I let him roam free he would destroy the room in 10 seconds. So, I end up getting my eldest to carry our coats/bags up the 2 flights, I carry Edward and take the small umbrella stroller with us and carry that up at the same time so I can then strap Eddy in at the top of the stairs and have him in there with a snack while I do my appointment. Eldest gets a drink and a small packet of sweets too. MW must think I'm crazy or a terrible Mother, but she would think worse of me if i just let him clear her shelves for her! lol :haha:

Yep I'm struggling! Toddlers really are hard work, they are great but it's much tougher than having a baby! He used to be so angelic and now our days are full of tantrums. It's physically demanding as he's so heavy (30 pounds). I get kicked in the bump daily haha, nappy changes are knackering. I cannot wait to get this bowling ball out of my belly!!!!!

Don't get me started on nappy changes, they are the bane of my life! He acts like I'm torturing him, when if he would just stay still for two minutes it would be done! :growlmad:

Plus midwife appointments are a nightmare. He is so clingy he hates it when I get on the couch for them to measure me and check the heartbeat, he absolutely has a meltdown if I leave him on the floor so I have to perch him on my legs and he still freaks out because he's not in my arms.

Haha it's such a pain in the arse! I have to get my son up on the table too or he freaks out.
Some days I think...why am I having another one? Shhh :) it will be fine though. I just won't get pregnant again such a short time after, it's such hassle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->