how are you coping with toddlers too?

Thank goodness its not just me! Dh gets in after ds has gone to bed. I have to try and be out of the house more between 3-4 to burn ofd his energy and stop him being bored.

The last few nights he has gone to bed 7ish and woken up in the night screaming. Usually I am great with night waking as they are so rarem but now I have no patience as I am so tired.

I want to enjoy this time with ds as we will never get it back.

My little boys 2 and half and knows exactly what buttons to press. He still doesnt sleep through, hyperactive from the moment he wakes, until bedtime. if you tell him to stop doing something he gives you a look asif to say 'hows about no' and carries on. Mealtimes are hard work, he wont touch anything but chicken. everything else in his words is 'nasty' Nappy changes are a struggle, he kicks off good and proper. Getting him dressed is a whole new challenge. after fighting with him to dress him he'll undress himself. D:

I'm having a hard time too. Mainly I feel horribly guilty. I get home from work and am so exhausted, I can't play with my son like I used to. He's 18 months.

I hate not being able to be as physical with them but other then that were plodding along ok.

I'm finding carrying her long distances and walking pushing her pram/smart trike tiring and I get breathless easily as I'm anaemic this time around, so I've adapted our activities a bit and fortunately she's finally started walking...sometimes...

I'm needing naps during the day sometimes too, and generally sleep when she does during the day, and I'm more emotional and will cry at the drop of a hat, trying not to let her see much of that though. Occasionally my patience is a bit short with her when she's particularly whingy. But overall I'm enjoying this pregnancy far more than my last.

I'm more frightened about juggling both of them once number two actually needs me!
X

I have two...and while I hate not being able to play as 'rough' with them, I've just adapted. My husband gets of work at 11pm, so it's just me from lunch to bedtime. I tire them out outside in the yard, at the playground, or even on really hot days at the playground in the mall. Schedule play dates at friends houses so I can sit and relax a bit while they have fun with the other kids, etc. we have been working on simple crafts and do fun dinners like 'make your own pizza' etc, all time killers that don't wear me out too much. If I keep them going constantly they are in bed by 730 and both sleep through till at least six. I will
Admit they also watch a bit more tv than usual, but t hasn't killed them yet :)

DS is 2 years 5 months old today and he weighs almost 34 lbs! my midwife has told me it's perfectly ok to carry him a "reasonable" amount of time/distance but not to overdo it. My friend is a Child psychologist and has given lots of great tips on transitioning our toddler to be a big brother...one big tip is NEVER to use pregnancy or the baby as the excuse why you can't do something...so rather than saying "Mommy can't pick you up because she has a baby in her belly", say "Mommy can't pick you up today because her back really hurts"...we want our Son to associate the baby as a good thing and if he thinks the baby is taking Mommy time away from him before it's even here, then we won't be off to a good start! I do find it hard chasing after him while pregnant...I am exhausted and the past few nights he has been waking at 3am and getting up in the morning before 6am so it's no fun but I want to enjoy these last couple of months of him being y only baby so I try to make sure I get lots of one on one snuggle time and what not. My friend also suggested doing up a gift basket of items that will keep DS occupied and giving it to him from the baby the first time he meets her. This way when I need to nurse and what not, he can choose something out of the gift basket to do...

I know! I feel like a terrible mother as I don't do as much as I'd like to with him.

Nappy changes and bath time are the biggest drama of the day. Last night as I sort if grunted and groaned trying to get him up on the change table to get him dressed for bed he pipes up and says 'sore back mum? you ok?' Lol bless him

I find if I lie down and have a rest with him when he naps I sort of calm down and it makes it easier to get through the day.

Im struggling too! Have a 4 year old whos.at nursery 3 times a.week.but i have a.2.year old and a 1 year old also...so my 1 year cnt walk yet so wants.picking up and stuff..having so many aches and pains so concived this baby is gonna be early cause how.much sttess im under :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->