How are you prepping for TTC?

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I unexpectedly became pregnant in January, however had a miscarriage last month. I'm doing well, but not ready to be pregnant again, even if we were trying. My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married March 2015 and then we discussed starting TTC in May or June (to hopefully work out with our schedules as we are both off in the summer and want to minimize amount of time I/we take off when baby comes).

Obviously I have over a year before we even start trying...but what are you doing and what should I be doing to get myself ready?

I'm trying to lose weight and working out consistently so I have that covered as long as I stick to it (planning a wedding helps lol) and I know I'll stop using my OTC acne soap about a month before we start TTC as well as any meds I take (currently just Zyrtec nightly). But what else am I missing? I am also still taking prenatals as I like that the folic acid is helping my hair grow and its still a multivitamin. I'm not on the pill, using condoms - ladies, pull out does not work lol. Well, it worked for a year but still...

Thanks ladies! I think I'll be spending some more time around here now that I know TTC is really in my future!

I am trying to lose at least 15 lbs, and just develop healthy eating habits. Also starting to eat the "pregnancy diet" now (except not the extra food part lol, just the types of food). Other things I will need to do is wean off antidepressants, stop drinking and smoking e-cigs.... the smoking won't be hard but the drinking will.

Other than the physical things, just trying to save up money!

The best advice I can give you would be to eat a healthy diet and start taking prenatal vitamins now! I am student getting my degree in Health & Wellness and I find particular interest in studying about pregnancy and childbirth and the biggest benefit to you would be to take prenatals now because by the time you start TTC your body will be prepared to handle and hold a baby successfully!

I'm trying to lose weight too, also sorting out our house and maybe moving.
Might be looking for a different part time job as me working weekends doesn't suit us anymore. Xx

I take a daily one for women every day which has 3mcg's of folic acid and I've lost 45 lbs since the end of 2011. The main reason why I wanted to lose weight was for my overall health and I wasn't even thinking of having children or when I want to. It probably will be easier to conceive now since losing weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->