How big does baby have to be...

cskme_

Reaction score
To go in a carrier? I have an infantino flip advance carrier and I'm excited for when I get to use it. DD is only 3.5 weeks old and 7.7lbs so we will have to wait a bit but who knows how big she will have to be before going in it??

I am not familiar with that type of carrier so it's probably best to look in the instructions if there are any. It should say what weight is recommended.
Stretchy wraps such as moby wraps are really good for newborns before moving onto a carrier if it does turn out that your baby is too small for it yet :)

A quick Google says they can go in it starting at 8 lbs :) i loved wraps for newborns too but looks like you could try that soon :)

Yes, wraps are amazing for newborns! I like to wait until baby has a little bit of head control before using a soft structured carrier, personally. I have small babies, so they wobble around a lot in an SSC.
That said, many people love SSCs from newborn+, so I would just go with whatever the product recommendation is and see how it works for your baby. :)

I wore Emma from birth though she was a hair under the weight recommendations for my manduca.

Okay perfect! I did end up finding the manual online. I searched for a while and couldn't find anything sorry for such a silly question lol. Anyways manual says 8lbs + but to be on the safe side I'll probably wait until she's around 9lbs. I'm just excited to use it as it seems like I'm holding her most of the day, I'm excited to prep food and clean with her on me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->