How big will I get?

bky

:(
Reaction score
Been in maternity clothing a bit for the past few weeks and am certainly starting to be noticeable (being short= bump has no where to go but out!).
However, my work lab coat, which doesn't fit well over my hips at the best of times is really becoming ridiculous, and it's a bit tight across the chest too. I thought I'd sew a panel I could snap into the front so I'll be covered at work but I'm not sure how large to make it.
I thought about getting a larger coat, but they aren't made for short people, so the larger it gets the lower down the chest the snaps start.:dohh:
How much larger around the middle did you get for those who have been pregnant before?

Proble is doll no one can really answer that for you, everyones bumps sit differently and everyone puts on different amounts of weight.

I strangley lost weight on my arms and legs and put it all on on front so my bump is all on front and I never bought any maternity trousers I just wore my own below my bump and used bump bands - they are awesome.

My advice would be to wear what is comfortable...and remember you dont need to spend loads on maternity clothes you can adjust other things or buy second hand, but somethings are a godsend..like bump bands and getting a good coat (its SOOO cold right now!).

I'm quite small so I couldnt just buy clothes in a bigger size as they drowned me..it does take some looking around but you will find some bits that'll work.

If you work in a lab you need to wear protective clothing, ask for an apron to go under you coat and wear the coat unbuttoned if you can.

I've got huge around the front (39 weeks now) but I have lost weight from my back and bottom so bras and tops that aren't maternity still fit reasonably well although they rise up on the bump a bit.

Its difficult to know how big you will get - I'm not as big as I expected and the bump is flatter than some ladies who get the typical round football bump.

It might be best to make a panel for now and then make bigger ones as you go along if/as you need them.

like everyone has said everyone is different but if you're anything like me you'll be about the size of an average hippo lol x x x

Does your work not provide maternity uniforms?

No, it's not a uniform exactly. Probably they would give me a bigger coat, but as the coats get bigger they just fit me worse as I am short.
I'm just required to wear a lab coat when in the lab. I think I'll just go to the fabric store and buy some snaps and a metre of fabric and make a panel that will snap into the lab coat. If it's too big oh well. Since I have to put on my coat every time I go into the lab regardless of if I am even touching anything something I can leave attached to my coat is probably more practical than an apron.

when I had my daughter I was a size 6-8 top to start with, and by the time I was full term I was wearing XL mens t shirts because they were all that fit me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->