How can I be sure he's teething?

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
My son is 14 weeks old.

He is really really dribbly, to the point where I have to get him changed.
He chews on his fingers.
He bites me when feeding.
He crys out in pain.
He has rosey cheeks.
He has a cold.
He has started waking every 2 hours in the night unsettled.

Is he teething?

my son has similar symptoms and i also think he is teething, definitely sounds like it... I dont know how u can know for sure though without waiting until a tooth comes through

i think 'teething' can also encompass when the little pegs start moving under the gums so you might not even see a tooth for a while. i would recommend nelsons teething powder. as i mentioned in another thread, tip the sachets one by one into an airtight container to eke them out. they are not cheap and LO will only need a little dusting to help the pain.

Madeline had these symptoms from about 2 months. She has had them off and on since then and we are still waiting for that first tooth!

Nate has been 'teething' for 4 months now and still no teeth. I tend to blame his moods on teething as well. When he screams when MIL holds him, 'sorry, he's teething'. :haha:

Thats how kacey started at about 8 weeks , 6 long months later her 1st tooth came through

Im going through excactly the same thing as lo, hes waking more than when he was a newborn zzzzzz
I hope the waking up doesnt last too long x

well with my 1st lo i was told teething but he actually didn't get his 1st tooth until he was 13months lol he's only lost a few now and he's now 10 ;)

I've got some teething powder and dentinox gel and he seems better already!

Totally sounds like it. Theres no way to be "sure" though until that first tooth starts popping through! just keep an eye out for lumps and white bits under the gums

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->