How common is "clear out"

redneckhippy

Reaction score
Is this pretty common or is it like implantation bleeding that everyone on the internet talks about but doesn't seem that common in reality? Just curious cuz I've been having to go like 3-4 times a day the past few days, but I've also changed my diet in the past week so I'm not sure if it's the healthier eating or my body clearing out. I would just attribute it to the diet change, but I've also been getting much more intense BH and a lot more discomfort when walking, etc so I don't know. I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow, so not quite ready for the little man to arrive and I'm wondering if I should call my MW Monday or just see how things go until I see her Friday. I try to not read too much into random symptoms, but I've just felt a big change from how I feel in the past week. I don't know if that's just how the last month of pregnancy feels or if this change is a sign of labor coming?

I had a clear out for weeks before going in to labour but it was worse the morning of. My friends also had a clear out too x

I'd like to say its pretty common but can happen for weeks/days/hours before labor. I honestly think it is the increase in bh and pressure from weight of baby towards the end that causes it. For most of my pregnancy and before I've never been very regular but the last few weeks (as my baby has grown larger and bh have increased) * tmi* I've had to go about 3-4 times a day (almost always after eating any little thing). I wish that meant a baby soon but no such luck in sight! :(

Man I hope I'm thinking of what you're thinking or I'm going to tmi for nothing here lol

I don't remember the weeks or days leading up, but I do remember the afternoon of the day I went into labour. I had a rather big and strange bm that afternoon which I couldn't chalk up to food change or upset stomach. I went into labour later that night. I didn't have anything like that with dd1 and if I remember correctly some of the pushing I did with her pushed more then a baby as with dd2 that didn't happen as I had had a good clean out earlier that day.

It could be your bodies way of getting ready for things but I have no idea of how long it happens as mine was an immediate indicator. Good luck and sorry if I'm thinking of something totally different then you!!

Lol, that's what I'm talking about, just trying to be too crude about it haha.

I had a major "clear out" during labor, but nothing ahead of time that I recall.

I spent all day on and off the toilet the day I went into labour (11.30pm). It stopped and I had no appetite as soon as labour started x

I had the clear out the day I went into labour while I was having contractions

It was my first sign of labour. Happened one day in to a three day labour. We had just gone out for a meal though so I don't know if it was just coincidence.

I never had an implantation bleed with any of my 3.
I had implantation pains with both daughters but not my son.
and never had a clear our with any the 3 either.

I've experienced it with all 3 of mine but only in the last few hours leading up to the birth. I'm glad about it, it meant my body was empty and i didn't have to worry about pooping during giving birth :haha:

I had a clear out as soon as my labour started. I threw up first and then felt like I really needed the loo although not much came out and it felt like I was constipated. I must have gone to the loo about 6 times in half an hour!

I never had a clear out except that I felt pretty "cleared out" my whole pregnancy opposite to most. I did throw up quite horribly but that was in full on labour at the hospital. I had implantation bleeding with my firsts but not this time around. I've basically realized that this pregnancy is very differEnt than my first. Hate to say it but your symptoms could mean something or nothing at all. I wouldn't read too much into it either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->