How Could I Not Be Pregnant???

opera_lady24

TTC #1 & TTA
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Maybe some of you can help me. My symptoms have been coming and going and range from mild to severe but I've gotten two BFNs so far. I am going to schedule a blood test but I'm nervous about possible disappointment and then what the doctor might say if I'm NOT preggers. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their opinions.

The list is as follows:

Light spotting - may have been AF, more likely implantation bleeding b/c it was NOTHING like any period I have EVER had and was only 3.5 days long and really light (I only used 2 tampons and that was completely unnecessary - sorry TMI!)

Headaches
Irritability (I've wanted to rip DH's head off on several occasions for absolutely no reason!
Aversion to foul smells and Asian food (I normally love Asian cuisine) I absolutely LOVE the smell of flour lately...totally bizarre!
Breast tenderness/itchiness (mainly only on my left boob but occasionally on my right)
Insomnia
Heartburn/acid reflux
Constipation
Minor nausea (especially after I eat anything)
Extreme fatigue during daytime hours
Stuffy nose
Just a "feeling" that happens to be a rather strong feeling.

All of this started on the 7th of February and the symptoms haven't gone away, although they do take days off. I last tested on the 18th and it was negative.

Opinions???

They could all be symptoms - but they could be pre AF symptoms so there's no way of telling without testing! Or you could have a chemical so just keep testing every few days until - either symptoms disappear, you get proper AF or you get a BFP.
It all depends on when you ovulated - do you know?

Have you recently come of the pill? When i came off the pill and when i took it back to back one month i got every pregnancy symptom going plus i was over a week late both times! Very stressful! Hope you get the result you want xx

Have you recently come of the pill? When i came off the pill and when i took it back to back one month i got every pregnancy symptom going plus i was over a week late both times! Very stressful! Hope you get the result you want xx

I came off the pill in September but have only had one real period since then in November. I have no idea when or if I ovulated. It's so frustrating!!!

They could be symtoms, they could be nothing.If you want my honest opinion I think your cycle is still to regulate after the pill. The fact that ypu have only had one af could suggest that you are not ovulating. Good luck though.

I recommend charting - it will give you a clearer picture of where you are in your cycle - trust me it really works ;-)

Gosh those definitely sound like symptoms of pregnancy, I'm shocked you got BFN's, hopefully the blood test will show something or maybe your doc can at least figure out the cause of the symptoms if it's not pregnancy.

If you haven't had a period since November, like another gal said, it could be your body still trying to regulate after coming off the pill, however if you aren't pregnant and don't get a period soon, I would discuss your options with you doctor, I had very irregular cycles (sometimes only one period every 3-6 months), so my doc put my on Provera, which induces a period, and then Clomid to induce ovulation, I got pregnant the very first time I ovulated and had my son in July.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!! :hugs:

I left off bloating and lower back pain.

I'm just so frustrated. I went to a walk-in clinic yesterday (REALLY BAD IDEA) to get a blood test done and they poked me four times and didn't get any blood out of me. I mean, I know I have deep veins but every time someone has tried to take my blood they might have complained but were usually successful on the first or second try. Sheesh. Anyway, then they tried to tell me that blood tests aren't more reliable than urine tests, and I know they definitely are.

I have a pregnant friend and asked her who her doctor was so I'm going to go there to see if they can't figure out what's going on with me, even if it means I have to spend a lot of money. I'm knew to the area and that's why I don't already have a doctor.

Good luck with a new doctor and I'm sorry the walk in clinic wasn't very helpful!

Opera lady, I had the exact same thing happen last month in my first time TTC. AF eventually came with a vengeance - I usually have cramps but these were so terrible. Anyway hoping you get your BFP!
By the way, I went to school in Ft. Collins and my parents live in Loveland. Let me know if you need help with a doctor. My cousin is a mommy and lives in Ft. Collins also.

Opera lady, I had the exact same thing happen last month in my first time TTC. AF eventually came with a vengeance - I usually have cramps but these were so terrible. Anyway hoping you get your BFP!
By the way, I went to school in Ft. Collins and my parents live in Loveland. Let me know if you need help with a doctor. My cousin is a mommy and lives in Ft. Collins also.

I see that you live in Brooklyn??? I grew up in New York! Thanks for the support btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->