How Could This Happen Twice!!!

misstia

Reaction score
My little boy Jaxson Dean Van was born on July 12th at 6:29pm, 8 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches long "WITHOUT HIS DADDY there to see":wacko::wacko::wacko:!!!!

So one Thursday July 7th I went in for my normal prenatal appointment. I was about 50% and 1 to 2 centimeteres dialated.....I was miserable and my doctor decided to move things along with a membrane sweep. Well over the weekend I lost my mucus plug and had strong contractions, but nothing happened........

So I came back in at 9am on the12th for a second sweep, this time seemed to do the trick, I was at a 3 at this point!!! I started having regular contractions almost instantly. I wasn't sure if it was just a reaction to the sweep or if we were finally in business here. I went to the store to get some red rasberry leaf tea (didn't get to drink it), but could barely walk do to the pain. I called labor and delivery and was told to come in if the contractions continued to be regular over the next hour.

So after and hour I found myself grabbing my bags and heading in :happydance::happydance::happydance:. But...... yes there is always a "but", by the time I got there the contractions were starting to become less intense and further apart:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:.

So I was started on pitocin, NOPE, get this, stopped my contractions completely:wacko::wacko::wacko:. Walked for a while and NOTHING.... so I gave up and sat in the rocking chair instead. Wait!!!! A huge contraction, yes from sitting lol!!!

Two contractions dialated me from the 4 that I was when I arrived to 5 :happydance::happydance::happydance:, so I was put back on the monitor to check on baby and was told in a half hour to go back in the rocking chair.

This is where it gets interesting............ I was at a 5, wanted to facebook friends and fam that this was it but my phone battery was dead, so hubby decided to grab my charger from the car and a bite to eat from the hospital cafe.............. well two contractions later my water EXPLODED and my body went into what felt like a 5 minute contraction, the pain was unbareable and all I could do was scream for help. My nurse came to check me and I was at a 10, yes 5 to 10 in a matter of minutes.

Well the baby was just as shocked by this as I was as his heart rate and oxygen dropped to dangerous levels. I had nurses and doctors and who knows who else running and screaming for me to "PUSH NOW!" "YOU HAVE TO GET HIM OUT NOW!"

Well.... three pushes later my beautiful boy was here and safe! And "DADDY WALKED IN AS SOON AS IT WAS OVER!!!!

You all may not know this but my little girl came 5 and a half weeks early while daddy was out on an ore boat in the middle of a lake, she was born at 2:36pm and he arrived at 10:30pm.

We planned this so carfully because this is our last baby, and he just had to be there.........:dohh::dohh::dohh: what are the odds.

He says he came in and saw me in the "go" position, grabbed the camcorder just to turn around and see the baby on the warmer:dohh:. Crap!!

But overall we are so happy and blessed to welome our little Jaxson to our fam!

I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies, births and babies!!!!

Tia

100_3452.jpg

100_3479.jpg

100_3553.jpg

Congratulations.

Poor bloke missing it twice :(

But at least he arrived safe and sound :)

V xx

aww congrats! my little girl was also born on July 12th!

congratulations!!!! shame your OH missed it tho!!! x

Your baby is so beautiful!!! Congratulations! Laughing & shaking my head at his daddy, though, for managing to miss it when he was right there! Hahaha..

Your baby is so beautiful!!! Congratulations! Laughing & shaking my head at his daddy, though, for managing to miss it when he was right there! Hahaha..

Haha I know, I still can't believe it..... I can still remember pushing and thinking this is just not happening!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->