How did partner agree to NTNP?

Girly123

Reaction score
This may be a weird question but I was wondering if any of you had trouble with convincing your partner to NTNP?

As far as I can see with my man anyway he either wants a baby and therefore wants to try or doesn't so prevent.

I would love to NTNP to see what life brings and not stress about it all. I know chances of me getting pregnant are so slim as it is.

But I am pretty sure my partner won't agree. He has said come off the pill to regulate cycle but use condoms. He hates them and only just started using them this week and tbh I am really hoping he gives up with them (hates them that much) and just says NTNP but I don't think he will xx

We said we aren't going to actively try until April 2013, but in the meantime NTNP. Perhaps you could make a similar agreement? Pick a certain date to TTC and in the meantime NTNP? Then you could really see where his heart is.

Me and my DB actually decided it together, he was the one that asked me if I wanted to try for a baby because I was talking about babies and how I can't wait to be a mom and he looked at me and goes" do you want to have a baby with me love?" I would just sit down and ask him how he feels about having a child. Then go from there.

It's taken me nearly a yr to convince OH to have another child, I have finally convinced him after crying lots lol. I have decided to ntnp as I don't want to push him away or pressure him as I know that he would still be happy with one. ntnp means that we don't talk about it, and one day I'll just tell him I'm pg! :)

We have 2 girls, my husband said he was done. I told him a few months ago I wanted to try. He was firmly against it at first. And then he decided he loved me more then anything, and he was willing to if it meant that much to me. That and he likes spending a little more time together, if ya know what I mean.

It was the other way round for me. OH has been pushing for us to start TTC for months but we've just bought a house and have loads of decorating etc. I really didn't want the stress of OPKs, temping, and BDing during ovulation rather than when we felt it. Lol. We compromised on NTNP and I track AF and EWCM on my ipad so I know if I'm late.

It's all about sitting down and talking through what you both want and how soon. I start most of these conversations in the car when I'm driving, then he can't get out of it. :haha:

it was right before we :sex: the night after my implant was removed.

in hindsight (2 months later and no pregnancy) i couldnt have got pregnant that night anyway, but he was umming and ahhing over weather to use a condom or not, asked me if i wanted to be able to drink on honeymoon etc and i said i wasnt bothered, so from then on we've been trying for a bubba :) but then due to a car crash we've gone back to just seeing what happens xx

We had always agreed we wouldnt have children. but as we have got older i unknowingly must have mentioned children more in general conversation, and he started pointed it out "you want one dont you" :) teasing me and joking around til one day i just said "im more open to it now i suppose" which led on to a more serious conversation I would need to try and stop taking some medication i was on and after that we would try. in the mean time we found out my sister was pregnant and even tho i was so so pleased and happy for her after receiving the call i just burst into tears. He just held me and said as soon as i was off my medication he thought i should stop the pill too and just see what happens.

thats where we are now. not charting or anything just not using any protection. We dont really talk about it much as we dont want to start bedding like robots and we are both still nervous about being parents. but i am 31 and he is 34 so time is short

we are kinda the same as toms mummy xx other half really wasnt keen but realised how much i want it and as long as there is no pressure he came round to the idea. so we are ntnp and not talking about it till it happens. im so excited xxx

good luck ladies xxx

we are kinda the same as toms mummy xx other half really wasnt keen but realised how much i want it and as long as there is no pressure he came round to the idea. so we are ntnp and not talking about it till it happens. im so excited xxx

good luck ladies xxx

It's really hard being excited when the OH doesn't wanna talk about it! :doh:

He's more confident than I am that we should start TTC sooner than our set date. So there wasn't really much convincing, it was more like, "I suppose I'm okay with not using protection if you pull out," and he was happy about it. So we're still vaguely flirting with NTNP and WTT, but I don't really consider pulling out a form of protection.

So I guess we're more NTNP with the idea that it's not a bad idea to wait, but that you can never be prepared enough and whatever happens, happens.

Hi Girly123! I have been off the pill for around a year, and even though DF hates condoms we either use them or the pull out method. We agreed to NTNP it one night after we :sex: & after a night full of :beer:...a friend of ours had just passed away suddenly and we had been having these "it's now or never moments". Well, that night as we were going at it, the DF didn't want to stop (neither did I :blush:) and I told him I was fine with that and whatever happens happens. He took this as his "ah hah" moment (literally), and after we finished talked about the future and getting started on our family, since there will never be a perfect time and life is too short. I wouldn't mind having a lil bump on my wedding day either :)

my oh didn't agree it was his idea we had vaguely mentioned trying in a year or so after sorting out our house but we were wandering around the supermarket one day and he said i want a baby and i said i know you said ! and he kind of just took my hand and said no i'd like to try now if you don't mind or just let nature take its course and there we have it ntnp . i have to say though it is so nice not having to take the pill anymore.

My husband believes that if a couple is not preventing, then they're trying. So in his mind, we're trying! We're low-key about it, just baby dance when we feel like it, don't track ovulation or anything.

My OH is a bit like that pitakat. I don't necessarily count us as TTC as we're not doing anything different to normal, other than not using condoms any more.

I do like the fact that it was mostly his idea to start NTNP now. He's so enthusiastic and possibly more excited that me. :)

He asked to take the condom off, we didn't talk much about it until we've been doing it for 6 months I think. Then he was like "are U on birth control? Why are we not pregnant?" that's when I told him I'd love to be pregnant but since its not happened yet that means we're not ready yet. So in reply to ur question: Take the condom off, if he wants it back on, you can open another one (risky move i know but we're never really sure we want to do it until we try?)

It was my Hubbys idea, we decided that once we got married we would stop using condoms n just see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->