How did you announce your pregnancy??

LuckyLadee

Reaction score
At the moment we are TTC but... I want some ideas to announce the big news if and when it happens... To both my hubby, kids and families.

Our family consists of two younger kids living at home, 10 and 13, and two adult kids living on their own... (this is our second marriage so the two older and the two younger are step siblings, this will be our first together)...

So suggestions on how to announce to hubby, to the two younger, to the two older and to our families...

How did you announce your news to different people??

As far as my hubby, I just hollered from the bedroom, "Hey, guess what? I'm pregnant." :haha: My DS is only 20 months and too young to really understand.
I'm pretty straightforward with my family and didn't really plan anything special. We were having a party for the town's alumni celebration(we like to celebrate all graduating classes every year. Big drunken town fest :) ) and I just told them straight out. It was much easier to announce it then, since almost the entire extended family was there.
I did do something a little more fun on Facebook. Wanted to see how long it took people to figure it out(some got it straight away, others it took them a bit) All I did was post a picture of a hamburger bun in my oven and put the tagline "Guess what we have..."

Thanks for sharing Ashersmomma!! I look forward to announcing when the time comes around but wanted to do something so they are a little surprised. Something fun, I like your FB idea... maybe I make cards for the family members with a bun in an oven... lol

My OH was on the way home when I took the test and it, unexpectedly, came up positive. I always thought I would plan something cute but I called him crying, saying "we are pregnant!"

All my friends I texted. They live 12 hours away.

so nothing too great :haha:

Thanks Toughgal, I am wanting to plan something but if it happens I don't know if I will be able to contain myself and do something sweet for hubby, lol... I think I will just blurt it out. hehe.

As for family, I will do something... I will have hubby there to shut me up before I blurt it out out hem, lmao.

my OH and i found out together since its our pregnancy even though im the one carrying the baby of course our baby
i took the test as he was getting ready to leave for work and showed it to him and asked him if he saw a second line and he said he did
(picture in signature you would have to be pretty blind to not see that second line)
and that afternoon i went in for a blood test and that night we looked at the results online together and it confirmed pregnancy at 79 HCG

as for telling my parents and family members we are going to wait until im in my second trimester so we are pretty sure there wont be a miscarriage and going to tell my mom and dad in person (separately because they are divorced) and hand them a card with the picture of the ultrasound (im hoping to not show before we find out the gender) and its going to say congratulations you can expect your new grandson/grandaughter (aiden eric kropf or aurora ashley kropf) around january 31st 2015! and then for all of our other relatives we are going to mail the individualized cards and they will say grandson, niece/nephew, ect.

On my last cycle I convinced myself I was pregnant!
I found OH on YouTube watching videos of 'Live Tests' then went onto 'Announcing Pregnancy To Family ' we spent hours watching them videos, have some good ideas too :) be warned.. Get your tissues ready! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->