How did you approach it?

amslou

TTC No2
Reaction score
Just wondering, all this temping and poas malarkey would make my dh freak. How did you ladies break the news about taking temperatures etc? I am not intending on using opks just yet but i am temping. How did you tell oh about these things?

LOL! I was worried about it, too. So I just didn't tell him. The first month off BCP I only used OPK, I told him it "was my fertile time" when I got a pos and he asked how did I know. I told him I just knew cuz I was smart. :rofl:

I don't think he noticed my temping for about a month because I did it after he got up and was in the other room.

He found an OPK that I left in the bathroom one time and said "I noticed you're peeing on things. Are you pg?" I finally explained it was an OPK. He looked bemused but didn't say much.

About 3 months in he noticed me with my temping binder. He wanted to know what it was, so I had to explain. He thought I was silly and obsessing a little too much. I told him the doc had asked me to do it and wouldn't do any other tests until I had been doing temps for several months. (which was true, even though I had actually started temping b4 the doc told me to :rofl:)

Now he's totally use to it and jokes about it. He still thinks I'm obsessing too much, but I get a lot of "Whatever you want, babe." from him. He's just laid back like that. :)

Very simply. The fewer details for our men, the better. I told him I was going to start temping and in as few a words as possible explained why and then explained the poas. Again as briefly as possible and just basically told him how it will help me to time things better for us to give us the best chance possible to make our sweet little baby! Which he doesn't mind now. I actually don't offer him much info on what is going on as possible and he seems to like it that way. And I'm going to let you ladies in on a secret...our men know a lot more about our bodies and cycles than what we give them credit for! Example, on Sunday morning I offhandedly commented on how my temp dipped just a day sooner than it did last cycle but how the dip was the same .5 degrees dip as before. Then he said "yeah, last time was day 11 and today is day 10." Then he said "how do I know that?" lol. :haha: :blush: I believe they pay more attention than we realize. They just don't want to have to hear about all the gory details that we discuss on here! They're happier that way. By the way, last night after BD he helped me hold my legs up. :happydance: I thought it was so cute and sweet of him! :D Good luck to you all and may we all get our November BFP's! :hugs:

i didnt even discuss it LOL i just do what i have to do and then demand him to go in the bedroom lol he just rolls his eyes and gets on with it

I temp but nothing else and I def have not mentioned it to OH, he'd only start moaning! Luckily he's a deep sleeper so I keep my thermometer under my pillow, set my alarm for 6am and he's none the wiser lol!

I'm doing OPKs before we start trying, i just told him it's what i need to do so i know what my body does for when we do try.

I was like a kid - bought the CB Digi with the smiley face and proudly came home showing it to him! When i got my first smiley face he gave me a big kiss (and a bit more since it was ovulation time!). He has been brill about it all - only when i started getting bogged down and stressed did he tell me to have a break from charting, not from TTC! x

Well I came home tonight and i told him. Said that i didnt want him to think i was a nutter taking my temp every day so i explained it that cos i havent had any periods in a long time its what i need to do to understand my body and know in this time if i need to test or am still waiting for af to arrive. he was pretty ok about it, said he thinks i am a nutter anyway so it makes no difference haha. bless him.

:rofl: I could SOOOO hear my OH saying the exact same thing! Matter of fact, he says similar things all the time. "I already knew you were nuts when I signed up, so 'this' doesn't really matter."

Good for you for telling him and good man to him for being cool about it. :)

i didnt even discuss it LOL i just do what i have to do and then demand him to go in the bedroom lol he just rolls his eyes and gets on with it

Ha Ha...same as my approach :rofl:

I just do what i have to do, sometimes in comes in and see's what i am doing on computer and rolls his eyes if babyandbump is on the screen!! I have brought OPK's pregnancy tests the whole shebang....and when i think the time is right i shout sex now!!! I think he kinda likes it :rofl:

Sounds like you've got a goodun there! I think it's easier when we can share a little bit of what we're doing with our OH's, even if they don't want to know all the gory details!! xx

Carrie that's what i think. Don't think its possible for me to hide anything as i am rubbish at keeping secrets and i am not afraid of telling him things i just have to think sometimes how to put things so i am less embarrassed.

Wasn't sure what was gonna freak him more the temping or the mooncup i bought... i think the mooncup won!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->