How did you feel before labour started?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I'm only wondering as for a few hours tonight I've completely not been myself, I feel strangely off, I feel quite fluey but not ill, I'm tired but extremely restless, my stomach feels a bit dodgy but not stomach buggy. I've bounced on my ball quite a lot tonight which gave me instant period pain and like an almost pressure and cracking feeling in my hips. I just feel... STRANGE cant quite put my finger on it, I just feel oddly anxious and excitable for no reason at all too. Its probably just me though! However I've not felt like this at all recently!

I cant remember how I felt with my daughter it was 7 years ago, and I was induced with my son 5 years ago so I felt no different

As I finished typing I got another contraction, my stomach went hard, I had bad period pain and also pains in my hips which also felt a bit tingly all at once!

DS- I felt light headed and then woke up to blood.
Dd1- kept having to pee.
Dd2- contractions

1st- full of energy. I ran a couple of miles an hour before my water broke

2nd- no noticeable change, I just knew even though no one (doctors) believed me

Both times completely normal. The contractions just started really strongly out of nowhere!

I'm still really crampy today and I've lost so much of my bloody show while getting out of bed, I could be wrong but I dont think things will be much longer

This is so exciting! Very interested to see how other people felt before labour as I have no idea what to expect! X

I kept getting all labour signs. Bloody show contractions period pains bad backache but labour didnt start.
How did ure scan go hon

Loads more cramps and a lot more mucus plug yesterday, but baby still in there:rofl: I still feel so off though, on the plus side, 2 more days u till 36 weeks, never thought I'd reach it with all these pains from 30 weeks!

I was extremely in the mood to nest! Although we had only moved the day before into a new house so that might explain it!

I was put on bedrest and tricked my OH to go out so I could put up all these lights in all the windows that we put it up for advent here! As soon as I put the last light up my first breath taking contraction started (I’d had mild period pain every 10 mins or so from the moment I woke but it was so mild compared to my period I thought nothing of it) and they came on fast and regularly from then on! She was born a few hours later.

Does anyone else get CONSTANT period pain that doesn't go away?

This is so exciting! Very interested to see how other people felt before labour as I have no idea what to expect! X
Is it bad that it's my 3rd and I dont even remember! I do slightly remember feeling off and a bit fluey the day my contractions started with my first but that could have been just feeling run down and I was overdue at this point :rofl: I'm that adamant he will come early I actually out money on him being over due haha x

I haven't a clue since this will be my first but I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow. I am worried as this is something unknown to me and everybody experiences it differently. I'm trying to watch out for my mucus plus or some sort of bloody show but not everybody notices it or has it before labor starts which is unsettling as I would like an indicator. I'm also looking out for my stools as I read that they become more loose. I'm experiencing daily period like cramps and my braxton hicks are getting more and some feel sharp. However I feel like I'm going to be seriously overdue with my first child which is a bummer because even though I'm technically due in 2 weeks time I feel like she wont be here until this time in November lol.

I would like to piggy back on this thread and know what people felt days or weeks before they gave birth.

I had that constant period pain hon not sure what it is but was the same stage u are now. Weird isn't it.
Contractions come and go. Have you heard of the 3 2 1.
Contractions 3 mins apart lasting for 2 mins for an hour then it's time to go to hospital.

I had never heard of that b4 but was told about it when I was in there.

When u hit 37 weeks hon ure have to try all the old housewives methods to get things going. I wudnt do it b4 tho.
There Lungs are not fully developed until 37 weeks. Just another week or so hon it will come around b4 u know it. That last week flew by for me. I thought it was gonna drag but it went so fast.
Just make the most of resting while u can hon.
I'm convinced u will not go to 40 weeks. I think u will have him around 37 38 weeks max.

Felt the nesting feeling, lost mucus plug, and had mild contractions, which at that time i thought was moderate, since it was my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->