• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you feel before labour?

JustRhi

Reaction score
Not getting my hopes up, as I still think I'm going to end up being induced.
But just wondering if you remember how you felt the day or so before going into labour?

Today, I feel mostly tired. Normal. Been on the toilet three times... which made me feel like I was 'Clearing out' but most probably not.
Also feel a little nauseous, although I haven't been sick. How did you feel? x

I'm 40 Weeks btw ;)

My experience might be a little different as I was induced but I had a sweep the day before which I believe helped get my body ready for the induction. After the sweep I felt really heavy low down and would have waves of lower backache, this feeling lasted throughout labour too. I was induced the next day and had my clear outs then (every time worried that baby might come out as I was still feeling heavy :haha:) Then shortly after that I had my very quick labour.

Just wanted to say I love your name choice too, my DD is called Annie 😄

I felt completely normal. Had a super busy day and just as we were getting settled in for the night my water broke as I knelt down to put a dvd in! I never had a single contraction or any clue that labor was coming.

I was also completely normal. I actually was asleep when I was woken up by first contraction lol. Thought maybe I had to go to the bathroom or something but the pain kept getting intense and coming way to often that's when I knew I was in some type of labor.

I really love to hear how normal people felt. Makes me feel better at the lack of signs here :D
I love the name Annie. My name is Rhiannon and my mum calls me annie. So I thought it was a perfect fit.
Annie Dot (Dots the middle name!) X

Another here that felt completely normal! I had a sweep that day and she said she'd done a good sweep, I went for a two mile walk, had a long bath, cooked dinner and felt not a thing. I went to bed about 10.30pm, 11pm I started having pains. Absolutely no clue that it'd happen until it did.

Pretty normal to be fair, my colds happened week or so prior along with a clear out.

I just felt off...anxious. My lower back was a little strained feeling and I had so much pelvic pressure it hurt to stand on one leg when putting on pants so I just laid down on the couch and waited for something to happen...then my water broke!

I felt totally normal! Nothing felt different and I went about my day like usual, then out of the blue the contractions began :)

Both times I was simply SUPER uncomfortable. I started feeling uncomfortable in the evening and by night I just had to pace the floor, couldn't sit, couldn't stand, couldn't sleep or lay down. I paced and did squats. If I had a larger house I probably would have been cleaning something. But there was nothing left! Lol!

Started off very normal. I was due to be induced the following day so I'd totally given up symptom spotting. Had a sweep which gave me cramps but as my previous one had failed I didn't read anything into it. Sadly my cat had also been very poorly at this time and passed away the very same day. That obviously brought on a lot of emotions and I often wonder if that, in conjunction with the sweep, is what brought on my labour.

The night before I went into labour I was sitting at my son's cot side as he'd woken up due to a pretty major thunder storm. I was there for a few hours and I had these weird feelings in my pelvic area. I now know it was her moving down into position, but at the time I wondered what it was. It was a heavy weird feeling with sharp pangs from my cervix.

The next morning I felt really tired, groggy and uncomfortable. I thought it was due to not getting much sleep and sitting in an uncomfortable chair for hours in the night (I didn't suspect labour as I was only 36 weeks). As I stood up to get ready for work I felt this enormous pressure down below. It felt as though the baby was going to fall out!

Once I got to work I was just so unbelievably lethargic. I'm a teacher and I remember thinking as I went to collect my class at the start of the day "There is no way I'm going to make it to the end of the day!". Well lo and behold my first contraction happened minutes later as I sat down to take the register. I left work about half an hour later and my daughter was born at home time on the dot at 3:15. That's my favourite thing about the whole experience :) a real teacher's daughter. Labour started at 9:00 on the dot and finished at home time.

Good luck! I hope things start soon for you!

First labour- felt completely normal the day before. Day of labour starting- had light BH contractions from morning to evening.

Second labour- felt ok the day before- had some pressure down below. Day of-felt more pelvic pressure- had bloody show, then contractions started.

I was 40+6 the day it started (induction planned for 41)

I woke up around 830am and felt some tightening, but didn't think much of it. I lazed around on the couch most of the day and was feeling these contractions, but was in denial and didn't time them, thought they were just BH. I was clearing out all morning...back and forth to the washroom maybe half a dozen times till there was nothing left.

Around noon I noticed that the tightenings were getting stronger and more rhythmic. I had an OB apt at 230 and thought maybe I should call a friend to drive me...but decided against it that I would be fine.

Once in the car I could see the clock radio and they were coming every 5 mins on the dot. I had to breathe through them.

Once in the waiting room in the OB office I had almost an hour wait for my apt and I could see the clock on the wall....still about 5 mins apart, but having to breathe more deeply.

I went in for my apt and OB asked how I was feeling and I said, "I think I'm in labour" he looked at me and kind of laughed and said ok lets check.

I was 2-3cm and thinning out. He said "go home pack up and don't rush to the hospital, but when you are ready head over -we are having this baby tonight"

I rushed out of there and called my husband. It was the most exciting thing....I was going to meet my girl!!

I wanted a natural labour so did not want to rush to the hospital. Around 7 pm the contractions felt on top of each other and I couldn't hold a conversation. I said we need to go now.

Got to the hospital around 730 and was about 8 before I was checked. 4-5cm and admitted.

My water didn't break on its own, I had no bloody show....no real signs at all. It was just contractions....

GL to you on your delivery and all the best.

Completely normal and very excited once I knew things were starting, it was a good day :)x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->