How did you feel right before labor with first?

pixie2013

Reaction score
Im pregnant with my first and since the end is getting closer im curious. I went through nesting the last couple weeks and then this week ive just been so tired. Ive been getting "cramps" in my back and belly. Just kind of off and on, like I had them the other night for about an hour then it went away. Also feeling him lower and more pressure. Theres more but that just gives an idea. The dr said he would start checking for dialation next week since I will be 37 weeks.

I felt like you in the last few weeks of my pregnancy with DS. Right before labour, as in the hours before it started, I felt the same as usual. I was induced but it hadn't worked so I was just going to bed and then I started to get regular cramps which built in intensity pretty quickly. Then i had a clear out and the contractions got worse so i knew it was labour starting. No warning before the process started though.

I didn't feel anything at all absolutely no signs until the onset of regular contractions. That day though I just felt unusual, I didn't want to go out and meet my grandparents in Tesco lol, but I just knew I had to. It was like I subconsciously knew I wouldn't have time to myself ever again! Haha. :) xx

No signs for me I went to bed at 40+6 at 9.30 pm.... My waters broke at 10.30 in bed.... After that my contractions started at 11.30...
I didn't have my baby until 33hrs after my waters had gone.

I had slight cramps the night before my water broke, they came in waves. Woke up the next morning and had leakage/ lost mucus plug, still having cramps. Went to the hospital for my nst and doc appt, and my waters went in the elevator! And it wasn't a ton either, just like I might have peed myself. No other signs at all of going into labor, and I was 2 days overdue

I had very minor cramping, and just felt..."off". I had lost my mucous plug during sex a few days before, past that nothing.

I def. Had signs leading up to labor.

2 days before labor i had contractions each night that wouldnt ever get under 5min and eventually stop by morning.
Then the night before i had "the show" lol just like bloody mucus gunk.
Next night the contractions finally got closer and labor began!!!

Good luck!!! You're getting close to the end!!

I was clueless & only went to hospital as I had known placenta praevia which had started to bleed. Was offered pain relief but declined as I wasn't in labour. The midwife then told me I was contracting every 2-3 minutes.
Now I can feel what I think are braxton hicks & they are sore. Have had them on and off all day but not consistent in strength or timing. I really hope I'm not at risk of early labour like my midwife threatened earlier this week!

No signs for me. I was 10 days past my due date with a very stubborn cervix. Bloody show, then regular contractions an hour or two later.

It's normal to feel tired on and off, then energetic again. I lost my plug two days before labor but felt completely fine, took my family out, shopping etc, my contractions built up slowly one day before labor, it's all very textbook like for me until the last part.

Funnily enough, the day I went into labour was the day I decided I was going to be late! I was fine all day, then at night I couldnt sleep, I kept going hot and cold, and I kept on getting that horrible feeling you get when youre about to get diarreah (sp?) I was on and off the toilet but never needed to actually go. Got myself into bed and within 2 minutes of laying down, my waters broke.
So basically fine until I felt off like I was getting the poos LOL!

I felt no different when I went to bed. Had been cleaning in the day. Woke up at 2am with really bad back ache and that was the first I'd felt of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->