How did you feel right before labor?

Ripley

Reaction score
My due date is in 2 days. But I was checked yesterday and no dialation and baby's head is still high. 3 days ago I started having mild contractions ever 45 minutes or so and they only go away when I first wake up. Within 2 hours the routine begins and goes all day and into the night.

What are your stories? I know we are all different but I'm really curious about the symptoms that did or did not happen for you.

I felt like crap lol I had a rock hard belly all day and just generally felt off. Woke up around one am with this tummy ache feeling and the need to use the bathroom went to the bathroom and felt better for tens mins when the need arose again. Kept this up every 5 mins for the next hour and realizing I was in labor and poking with every contraction :dohh: finally was able to get off the toilet and continued to contract every 2-3 mins. After 2 hours of that decided to go to hospital since we live 45 mins away. My labor came on hard and fast and I didn't have many signs or symptoms other than I generally just didn't feel right and I just had a feeling it was going to happen. I was 39+3

I had painless contractions all day which I thought were braxton hicks. I had them all through third tri so didn't think much of it apart from they were more regular and stronger than normal. Husband convinced me to time them and they were 4-7 min apart and lasting a good minute. Called labour ward and decided to go just to get checked out and literally ad soon ad I got of the phone s started getting painful contractions. Was 4 cm when I got to hospital and had him 3 hours later! Also I had a lot of discharge that day. Been losing plug all week after 2 sweeps but on that day it was very watery. I was also very irritable but otherwise felt fine.

The only 'symptoms' I had were an excessive amount of EWCM the day before (so much so that I thought maybe I had BV or another infection), which I guess maybe was my mucus plug (though looked nothing like what a mucus plug normally looks like). I also started to get REALLY emotional. I cried the entire drive home that afternoon. I went to bed that night and woke up to my waters breaking at 2am. I had no other symptoms. Never really even had BH during my pregnancy and as far as I know my baby never even engaged (or at least not by my midwife appt the week before and I never felt her drop). She was born 12 hours after my waters broke (no contractions at all before).

Sounds like your body is gearing up!! Should be any day now!

I had the same thing you are describing....lasted about 2-3days until the contractions got closer together and didnt stop in the morning on the day i went into labor.

Congrats!! Your so close!!!

Interesting stuff! Keep em coming!

I feel either I've gotten used to the BH or they aren't as painful on my bladder. Now it's mostly just stomach tightening. My mood has improved and my energy level. We'll see what happens!

Stalking!! Had a sweep yesterday and feel like crap today so sleepy and crampy lost my mucus plug this morning getting write string Braxton Hicks waiting to see if they become regular. And feeling like I need to go number 2 but nothing has came so far.

I felt no different. Apart from a bit of nesting. I made a cake & a roast dinner that day then my waters broke in the evening.

I didn't feel any different and had no signs whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"