How did you feel the week/days before going into labour?

amybe

Reaction score
I know everyone wants to know this and all us heavily pregnant ladies do towards the end is constantly watch our for signs labour is coming etc...
So tell us your stories, How did you feel the week/days leading up to labour?

I am 37 weeks today, I've felt great my whole pregnancy but suddenly the last 5 days I feel totally exhausted, crampy, achey, moody and have been losing my plug all week! Are these early signs labour is coming?
With my first son, I had no signs at all, We went shopping all day and so did lots of walking, and my waters broke that night when I got into bed after a loooong day of retail therapy ha, contractions didn't start for 6 hours after but I felt fine up until the last minute, I feel so different this time around!

How have your pregnancies differed leading up to real labour??

With my first I had no signs. We did go walk around the mall either that day or the day before but my labor just came on full blown all at once!!!

I would love to know what some people say ! The last day or two have been weird. My back has been hurting, my stomach is constantly crampy. I've also found that me and the toilet have become best friends the last week or so (TMI) and have had 5+ bowel movements day (which I heard can mean labor??) I just have no idea what is going on right now.

With my first I had horrible morning sickness return for a few days right before I went into labor, with #2 I was feeling filled with energy and great before labor started. This one, who knows what will happen!

I was feeling crampy but otherwise normal before I had my daughter :) x

None before any of them, in fact I felt great during the day and maybe that's why oh and I dtd lol the sex started me xx

These were the "notes" I took from last time around since I knew I would be comparing things the next time I had a baby! :haha:

36 weeks— 2cm dilated, 60% effaced, started having increased cm (thick and white)
37 weeks— 3cm dilated, 60% effaced, increase in Braxton Hicks, some lower back pain while laying down
March 4th (37+6)— felt really hot, sniffling, felt “muffle-headed” like I had a head cold
March 5th (38) — multiple soft BMs (clear out?), bad night of sleep
March 6th (38+1)—multiple soft BMs, had lots of Braxton Hicks (recorded 15 in 1 hour), bad night of sleep
March 7th (38+2)— bad headache all day
March 8th (38+3)—had a cervical exam (4cm dilated), was told that cervix was still high, went on a walk, started to have contractions around 4pm, had a little bit of bloody show (pink tinged cm), checked in at hospital at 7pm, and was 5cm dilated, had waters broken an hour later and was 6cm dilated
March 9th (38+4)—Gave birth at 6:30am!

With my first, I lost my plug over the course of a few weeks. On the day I went into labor, I felt absolutely fine and normal. Had a great day, actually! I went to work, came home and spent time with my OH, we went out to dinner, and then we came home... I got in bed and we turned on the TV, and while my OH was in the bathroom, my water broke. So, we got up, got dressed back up, and went to the hospital. Apparently, I had been having contractions that I wasn't feeling. lol... Even in the hospital, and throughout the whole L&D process, I didn't feel many contractions at all. Strange.

My sister woke up one morning feeling really sick, went to the store and tried to shop and just was tired and felt awful. She got home and went down for a nap, and her water broke. She never did have contractions and scheduled a c-section for that evening, but her body is unable to dilate anyway. Still, she had all of those nasty signs of things. She didn't lose any plug before her water broke, though. She did lose plug with her first baby, even though she isn't able to dilate more than a fingertip.

My last two my labour came on with a show and strong contractions from the get go. Now this time, every 5 mins I think I'm about to go into labour! Been losing plug for last two weeks, constant BH, can feel baby moving lower every day, feeling off, lose BM and cleaning like an absolute maniac! TBH I liken it to SS when TTC the number of months I convinced myself I was pregnant aaaggghhhh! I think it's like that but I'm convincing myself it'll be any day now, when in reality I'll probably go 2 weeks overdue LOL!

Right before going into labor, I felt extremely tired days before that. All body was achey & I was just laying down feeling exhausted & wanting to sleep. went into labor at 38 weeks

Thanks for your replies ladies, I love reading other people's experiences :)...Athena that's exactly how I'm feeling, Like I'm about to go any minute but never do lol, I am happy to wait and am not at the impatient/fed up stage yet but it's hard to take my mind off it when I've been losing my plug and getting quite strong bh as none of this happened with my first, it was like feel great for months with not a single bh or plug loss, then bam, waters broke and was in full blown labour!...So frustrating how different pregnancies are as you just can't expect them to go the same way..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->