How did you handle your anxiety about the unknown elements of pregnancy?

lexilooski

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was looking for some advice or experiences about dealing with the anxiety of being pregnant. I want to have a child so bad but my anxiety level worries me that once I do become pregnant that I may put unnecessary stress on the baby by being anxious. Please help. Thanks.

I always think about how women have been pregnant and giving birth forever. Look at our population! Things can and do go wrong, but we cannot worry about what could or might happen but concentrate on the miracle of it. We have these days the very best of information and medical care in the instance we do need it.
Good luck xx

If you have terrible anxiety there are tablets that can be taken that can be used in pregnancy... but I think your doctor will only prescribe them if you have an anxiety disorder.

Pregnancy is scary for everyone but there are ways you can keep yourself calm - not reading about complications etc will help for one. Yoga, gentle exercise etc.

As above...yoga helped me big time. I felt so calm after my pregnancy yoga class.

I managed to learn to drive in a city whilst pregnant last time, this got stressful sometimes baby no2 is fine

Don't worry, you wouldn't harm the baby being stressed.

I tried to come off my meds when I was pregnant but didn't manage to as anxiety was too bad, it is defo a worry, but there are ways of coping. I found I got a lot more help when I was pregnant, so it is defo worth a trip to the doctors to have a chat about this. Reflexology is something I also found super helpful. Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->