How did you manage your HUNGER?

MissMaggieMay

Reaction score
I mean, come on I'm only 5 weeks along! My baby is the size of what? An apple seed? But I'm STARVING all. The. Time.
If I eat as often as I'm hungry I will be bigger than my house by the end of this pregnancy. How did you manage your pregnancy hunger? I know I don't need to increase my calorie intake yet, but how do I deal? :pizza:

Lots of small meals! I had a lot of yogurt with berries or cottage cheese with fruit. I found them to be dense and filling because of the protein, so I could get away with a smaller amount of food/calories.

I agree lots of small snacks/meals. I had a lot of almonds, yogurt, sting cheese, crackers, apples with peanut butter etc. I felt like I was constantly eating but didn't gain much weight...currently have only gained 23lbs and will be induced sometime next week.

I'm doing lots of smaller meals. Mostly things like cottage cheese, avocados, yogurt, and fruit. So maybe I'm doing okay. Trying to take a couple walks throughout the day too. Which is hard because I'm always SO tired. This whole first trimester thing is a doozy.

I am struggling with this. - put on almost a stone already! Im planning on joining slimming world after my booking appointment. Not to lose, but just to hopefully limit the gain! X

I think I've gained about 2 lbs so far, and I eat whatever I want. I'm more hungry in the mornings it seems. So, I eat a bigger breakfast, then I snack on apples, string cheese mostly - or skinny pop popcorn. My lunches aren't always the healthiest as I'm on the go at work and cant make something to eat, so usually just fast food it. Then I eat a better dinner.

I couldn't. I ate a lot in the first few weeks and ended up gaining 6 pounds although I think that's also water weight. If I didn't eat I was nauseaus. Eat, it's good for you! As healthy as you can and every 2 hours or so.

i ALWAYS ate something when i got hungry which was every hour to two hours. it made me feel like i was starving or dieing if i didnt! i'd get so nauseous if i didnt eat every single hour and i still do and im 9 months lol! ofcourse i get nauseous now too if i do eat. feels like morning sickness all over again really.

but as i said i ate whatever i wanted and whenever i wanted to that was safe to eat ofcourse, and although i lost 10 pounds in week 9, ive gained my 10 pounds back plus an additional 5 after that ,so ive only gained 15 pounds my entire pregnancy.

I remember in the beginning I kept getting really strong bouts of hunger- especially in the mornings. Bread was my friend!! I never usually eat bread, but I found it really great, filling and yummy. Oh, and glasses of milk too :)
But that changed at about 8 weeks, and then I had massive food aversions to everything and felt nauseous haha. Eat while you can before feeling sick!! Enjoy it allllll :)

try squeezing about half of a lemon into water -- its REALLY good for you and helps with hunger between meals :)

Try eating little and often and snack on fruit, low fat yoghurts etc between meals if you need it.

I eat all day long, healthy little snacks like nuts, fruit, yogurt etc
I've gained 5kg already :-( ahh well

I just eat whenever I'm hungry! I get nauseous if I don't. I don't feel like I look like I've put on weight, so I guess it's going ok?

My husband always has a snack ready for me when I walk in the door so it's usually fairly healthy things that I'm eating.

Just have to eat smaller meals more frequently. I also get sick and nauseous if I don't eat most of the time.

I've got this same problem. I just started week 5 and I constantly find myself eating something. I can tell this pregnancy is not like my 1st child. With her, I kept my same appetite and was my goal weight of 145 by the time I had her. With this one, I am eating all the time it seems like.

I'm nearly 18 weeks now and have only fained 3 lbs. I contribute this to eating high protein & high fiber (veggie) snacks which kill my hunger. Small snacking meals on good food, not junk. Your baby needs the nutrition of protein, veggies & fruit. Candy & crisps will only make you feel ill with the high sugar content (sugar typically spurs on MS and makes us gain weight without nurishing baby)

Lemon water, protein & veg. Protein satiates for longer: boiled eggs, nuts, cottage cheese, plain greek yoghurt (not sugary fruit stuff - it'll just make you more hungry), cheese.

Veggie snacks:sugar snap peas, baby carrots, purple cabbage with tatziki dip, mini peppers, salted avocado.

If you can keep exercising in your first tri it's much easier than tri 2 or 3.

I'm finally struggling with this but it sucks because i still have the nausea and lack of appetite. I'll force myself to eat one meal to stave off the hunger pains (which make me vomit) but now, within an hour or less I have full blown hunger pains as if I haven't eaten anything. But I still have no desire to eat. Ugh.

I just eat lots of protein to make it last as long as possible.

This hunger doesnt last so fret not! I was starving hungry for weeks 7-9 apx. Within 90 minutes of eating i was gripping my stomach trying to stop the hunger pangs.

Make good choices: slow releasing proteins and some carbs, stay hydrated and eat when you need to.
I managed to reset my stomach by not listening for hunger pangs. Instead i spent and entire day (8-7) just eating. I didnt stop. I was armed with cucumber, carrot, pepper, pitta bread and cooked chicken along with a sour cream, tzatiki, houmous dip selection and i just kept troughing it back with fruit as well for sweetness.No big set meal, just one massive graze session.3l water plus my other fruit drinks The next day i wasnt hungry and could go back to small meals and normal eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->