How did you stay calm?

AMB2013

Reaction score
Hey, all.

I'm 4w, 3d with my first and just received my BFP on Saturday. I'm incredibly excited, but I'm trying constantly not to worry. I'm cramping everyday--mainly at night when I'm lying down, but sometimes, all throughout the day--but there isn't any blood or spotting. The cramping with no bleeding was what actually moved me to take a test, but I still get so nervous, especially with how severe it is; it gets pretty intense, like a REALLY bad period. Also, my nurse already told me it's ok to have sex and that it won't hurt the baby, but I still feel so nervous.

I don't get to even see the baby's heartbeat and to know it's coming along okay for another 3w, so not until next month! How did you guys keep yourselves from worrying? How did you make yourselves feel less anxious? I could use some tips here, because I know stressing isn't good at this point.

Thanks guys!

Oh, I asked myself all the time the same thing. I got pregnant as a result on an FET cycle. So I was closely monitored and had lots of u/s. first one was at 5w3d plus blood tests on hormones. This kind of helped to get to 8 weeks...just waiting for next appointment.

One thing that helped was watching my positive pregnancy tests that I am keeping in my purse. Second, I was telling myself: there is nothing I can do, God is in control.

Now, I am 12.5w an no longer in my RE's care and feel like it takes forever between appointments, not to mention that the next u/s is announced to be at 22w. So the waiting game continues all the way until we hold them in our arms and then I'm sure other worries will start.

Now I just received my fetal Doppler in mail and I'm too upset on DH to even try it. He stained some work, stinked the house and put us in danger. I'm sure he didn't mean it or thought about it...but...

Also, in my first 8 weeks I had BAD cramps. But could tell that were bowel cramps and not uterine cramps. I believe was due to hormones. They disappeared later on.

So hang in there and pray and trust that God has you in His palm ;)

In terms of reassuring myself the first trimester gets split into the following stages:

1) the super early testing loads stage. At this point, from BFP to around 5 weeks I test every day and watch the line get darker. Somewhere around the start of the 5th week this becomes pointless as the test line and control line are the same colour.

2) the mega symptom phase. Just as the testing becomes pointless the symptoms hit. The tiredness and nausea that are there all day and gradually get worse are inconvenient but a good indication that everything is going well with the baby. This is around 5-6 weeks, but continues until 10-11 weeks.

3) The "Oh I need to pee again" phase. Once your beginning to get used to the sickness a new symptom starts to show that everything is ok... peeing. Not peeing cos your body is pushing more water through, but peeing cos your bladder capacity has reduced as your uterus has started to grow. This starts around 7-8 weeks.

4)The doppler stage. From 9 weeks I can find the baby on the doppler. So until I start feeling kicks I can listen in and check up.

5)The kicky stage. So technically second trimester, but eventually I know all is ok by feeling the kicks.

Of course this is my 4th pregnancy so I know what's normal for me. Not everyone will have the same symptoms at the same time, but I'd like to thing I'm average enough that a good proportion of women would experience things in the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->