How did you tell OH?

schnoogles

Reaction score
I'am due to test on Thursday morning, OH is working away until Thursday night so I was trying to think of a fun way of telling OH when he gets home (if we have been successful that is!). I thought that you ladies might be able to inspire me.

It has to be simple as I will only know whether we have been successful for 12 hours before he gets home.

I sent a picture of the pregnancy test lol xx

I left the pregnancy test on the toilet so he would see it...

I just showed him the test. Nothing fancy or complicated.

I should mention mine saw it mid tinkle. Stopped and ran out of the bathroom with the test in his hand and his penis still hanging out... Somewhat comical...

We had just gotten back from our honeymoon, like an hour beforehand, and he had to run to work since he was working nights at the time. I was convinced I wasn't pregnant, but took a test because he asked me to. I ended up sending him a picture of the test. Not creative, but his reply text hilarious. :haha:

He's so excited about having another child, so I think I'll be more creative if/when I get pregnant again!

I had always wanted to plan out something cute... however this baby was unexpected so I just called him over to the restroom after getting the positive. :p

We were both shocked and cautious but happy.

I tested in the early morning as I woke up and just couldn't wait any longer.
After I got over the shock of it being positive I took it up to our room and woke hubby up by whispering in his ear 'morning daddy!' It took a little while for him to process what I said (I had woken him up and it was 6 in the morning!) afterwards he was so excited, and was looking at the test - he then realised what he was holding and he passed it back saying 'ew - you peed on that!!' :haha:

I had always wanted to plan out something cute... however this baby was unexpected so I just called him over to the restroom after getting the positive. :p

We were both shocked and cautious but happy.

Just wanted to say I love love love your profile pic!

I wanted to do something sweet but after a very emotional and much longer than expected ttc journey and a mmc, I got up to pee one morning after dh had gotten up and was about to leave for work, I used the last test in the house which I thought I'd surely regret as I never had gotten a bfp that early before, well it came up pregnant!!!! So after the shock I ran downstairs crying and told him, it was awesome!

My hubby is a technoman - and he always hassles me for not checking my laptop for viruses etc - always laughs at me cause I never know how to fix what I've broken on it (and I break it alot haha)

So I set my desktop picture to this - and called out in a panic that I thought I had a virus on my laptop :haha:

https://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o747/nbsinclair89/keep-calm-your-wife-is-pregnant_zpselnu2aac.png

I always planned a special way to tell him but our TTC journey was long and emotional. He suggested we get a test which he never did that after so many years of disappointment lol but he was playing his guitar just outside the bathroom and I took the test when I saw the lines I ran out and said babe were f*cking pregnant, then I bursted into tears. He was hugging me unsure if I was happy or what because I was crying so hysterically lol. He told me to dip the second test to make sure it wasn't an evap, so I did and then we both were like pacing the kitchen in disbelief. I had just had surgery 5 months prior and it was confirmed IVF was the only option except a miracle they said. We rushed to the hospital where they confirmed we were pregnant! :) not how I planned but a moment to remember forever!

Well after a very bumpy and long road of ttc, he knew straight away because we used to squint over every test together hehe.

But our very first bfp, I bought a simple cute onesie, and I folded it up with the positive test in the middle. Then I put it on the couch with my handbag over the top. We were about to go out and I asked my DH if he could go and get my handbag for me. Then he lifted it up and found it underneath :) it was a really nice moment for us both.

We debated for 20 minutes on if there was a line, before agreeing to get a digital because it was literally so light I couldn't tell, then after I took the digital we spent five minutes convincing ourselves it was negative while we tossed back and forth on who was going to look.

Needless to say we were both pretty shocked when we looked :haha:

Definitely didn't go how I had ever planned of breaking the big news...
It was a sort of unexpected pregnancy and hubby was away on work when I tested so after seeing my BFP I instantly freaked out and left to go visit a friend and talk to calm down... he got home early & called me to see where I was at. He sounded mad on the phone so I thought maybe in my rush to leave the house I had left the test out... (what a way to find out!) so I rushed home and after walking in the door he took one look at me and knew I had been crying. He asked why and I just blurted out "I'm pregnant!"

It was an unceremonious "Come here and look at this, I can't tell if there is a line!' Then we both held the test up to the bathroom light and squinted for a good 2-3 minutes. But we did celebrate by doing the baby dance immediately afterwards. :D

Found out in the morning whilst at work, ended up having a huge argument with OH and yelled it at him! He asked what my problem was I shouted back in pregnant... Not romantic or ideal but looking back on it it's rather funny!

Love reading these stories - I love the "Keep calm your wife is pregnant" one :rofl:

Ours is a bit seasonal, because we got your BFP just before Christmas. DH gets up for work at 6am and I was off that day. My alarm was going off every day at 6am too, to take my temp and I usually went back to sleep. DH left at 630 and I was still awake so decided to chart that mornings temp - and it was way high!I got up and POAS there and then, and the BFP wasn't even a squinter!

Didn't want to tell DH over the phone so I decided to buy him a "Merry Christmas Daddy" card and waited until he came home at 6pm that night. Was so hard to keep from bursting but his face was absolutely priceless. He loved it, and the card stands on his bedside table :)

x

I was due AF 5th April and we were supposed to be testing together on the 4th. I nipped out on the 1st to pick up a pack of tests ready .... then I pee'd on one at lunch time because I was on my 3rd day of feeling sick and I got too impatient! I just pretty much shoved the stick at him the moment he waked in from work. About 10 mins later he asks if it was an April fools! haha!

We tested together! I'd just finished contraception so wasn't sure when my period was due, but it just didn't turn up, so we decided to test and it was position :) we then spent ages together double checking in shock :haha:

I said to dh ' I have some juicy gossip for you. You'll never guess who is pregnant' .
Dh went through a list of names and he said 'ok who? So I said 'me'. The look on his face was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->