How did you tell the family?

lov3hat3

Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2
Reaction score
Hiya, my names Kaytee.
Feels like years since i've been on this! I have a little boy already called Jamie who is 2 and I have just found out last week that baby #2 is on its way! This time around I have a very supportive boyfriend which is nice, we did consider our options but after his parents found out they were very supportive and I think it helped our decision to keep the baby. His parents know, his sister, his friend and my best friend know, only problem is my family don't! Last time (yes I regret it and cringe about it all the time) I got my best friend to text my mum, I know its bad but I was 16 and I freaked! Anyway I don't live with my mum anymore I live with my sister, which is also a problem because ill be moving out the beginning of next year which I don't think she'll be to happy about so im definatly worried about telling her as well as my mum. How did you all tell your family and how did they react? I know my mum was pissed last time only for about a day and then she started being supportive so wasn't too bad but I feel like even though im in a lot better situation now I think she'll be angrier. I mean I have a job, my boyfriends supportive he has a very good job, like everything is so much better this time around so I kinda feel like she should be fairly ok about it.

Hi there :) I'm Jess, I'm 18 and 18 weeks with my first. I told my mum at 12 weeks, and I thought she'd flip, but she was totally ecstatic right from the get go! My brother guessed before I even found out (he essentially called me fat, the little turd :haha:) and I sent my dad a letter (he lives interstate, I went to see him with my OH but just couldn't say to his face) and he called me and said he was happy for me, but a little disappointed I haven't finished uni before I had babies, but you know life happens :) my nan was also happy. For me that's all my family :) my OH's mum freaked out but she's one of those mums that doesn't want her kids growing past age 10. And OH is her youngest so it didn't help haha but after an hour she was excited also :)

Hope this gives you a bit of a confidence boost though, good luck x

This time I told my mum in person, outside so she couldn't go crazy :haha: She wasn't happy but got over it quickly and with in a week or two was even talking about knitting for it :) My dad ignored I was pregnant until 25/27 weeks last time and just said 'Well it's your life' and even gave me a hug, definitely a better reaction this time :hugs:

Oh my goodness, Kaytee! Welcome back, long time no see! I told my mom first and she blurted it out to my dad. :lol:

Ahhh i'm dreading it, I was going to wait until 12 week scan and maybe send her a picture of it haha. I just don't feel like I can say those words to her :wacko:
Hiya! I know its been ages since ive bee on, been crazy busy lol didn't ever think id be pregnant with #2 anytime soon! :flower:

Hi Kaytee! Congratulations on baby number 2! I'm also pregnant with our 2nd! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->