How did you wean your toddler?

beach3

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined the BNB community and I have a question about weaning my toddler. He is almost 21 months and I'm just hitting a wall in which I feel done with nursing. It's been great but for numerous reasons, I really want to be done. Any tips on how? I'm going away with my two older children next weekend and we will be gone for 3 days so I feel like this would be a perfect time. Any tips and support are very much appreciated!

Sad you didn't get responses to this, I was curious to hear some answers. :/

i weened my son at 33months when he wanted to spend the night at grammas when he came home that first night he cried a bit but at this point we were only nursing to fall asleep at night so it wasnt so bad a little crying the first night but nothing after that. gl each baby is different try a a nice warm bath a bed time stry dont give up the snuggle time just the booby time

Thanks for the replies, Chaitea and Pinapple,
It's been two weeks and it looks like we are weaned! He really wasn't too upset about it the first week but oddly enough, it really hit him last Friday (exactly two weeks from weaning) and cried a bit about not having "boo-boos". Since then, he has been great though and I have to say, that was one of my smoother weanings yet! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->