how did you/would you tell 4 year old about new baby

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
Hello ladies, well I'm now 16 weeks pregnant had a good scan & heard the heartbeat today so feel ready to share the news!

DD is desperate for a sibling & talks quite a lot about 'one day when we have a baby.....' its very cute :)

But how do we break the news? Just tell her straight when she's not distracted or make a little guessing game by putting out baby related things & see if she works it out?

Also I would love to tell her today but thinking Friday would be a better idea so she's got the whole weekend to think about it & ask questions before telling everyone at school, do you think this is the best idea?

I am dreading if she asks how baby gets in there! I know alot of people say by mummy & daddy having a special cuddle but I worry that might confuse her as we have 'special family cuddles' like when OH comes home from work.

Any input would be great would also love to hear your own stories :)

My youngest dd had just turned 4 when I found out I was pregnant. We just told her (a couple weeks after my bfp), never really thought of the follow up questions she would have. She did have questions, but they came at random times during my pregnancy, not really right after telling her. I just addressed them as they came, and since I was pregnant during the summer break dd went with me to a lot of my dr appointments, so just being there gave her some insight.

My son just turned 4 when we found out I was pregnant. My oh came down to the breakfast table and rubbed my belly saying "Baby in mummy's tummy" worked a treat but I wish he had left it a bit longer as he can't keep the news quiet!

Thank you ladies, we gave DD a bag with baby shoes in & told her to look & guess who they were for, she said baby & then said your baby (pointing to me) & we said that means your going to be a big sister! & she said 'I always wanted us to have a baby, thank you mummy' & gave me a cuddle :)

No odd questions yet!

Aw that's sweet, such a beautiful way to tell and what a gorgeous response

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"