How do I do it??

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Ive decided to start introducing babu rice...

... and have just giving her the taste :)

she takes the spoon very well... but after a while got bored (think she was too hungry) so gave her her bottle... and she had the whole 7oz... minus the 10 spoons I used for her rice... OH is now giving her the rest of her rice!!

She has 5 feeds a day and takes between 4-7 oz!!

So what do you advise I do?? replace 1 bottle feed with just rice (which I think will be a very frustrating assignment lol) or do what I have just done with 1 feed aday??

Then what is the next step.... I really should get a book... anyone know of any good ones??

Thanks

:hugs:

Try giving her the rice after her morning bottle or just a bit after it as hse wont be as fussy from being hungry :)

dont replace any of her bottles she will let you know when shes ready to drop one ..max is on 3 meals plus snacks and still has about 6 bottles of 7 oz

I started by giving chloe a spoonful of rice half way through her bottle, she now has her bottle and a 'meal' an hour after her morning and tea time bottles

yes im also very confused about this...

should i give her baby rice as her early evening meal around 5/6ish and then bottle before bed? 7.30ish?

I would suggest as above, after a regular feed, or halfway through a regular feed.

I defo would not be replacing any feeds with rice just yet, milk is still their main source of food. The rice and solids are just sort of complimentary!

I signed up to HIPP organic and they sent me a weaning chart. It says the first week after ONE feed offer 2 or 3 teaspoons of baby rice or other stage 1 foods.
Then Week TWO offer 5 or 6 teaspoons of rice
Week THREE offer 5 or 6 teaspoons after 2 regular feeds.

Obviously go at your own babies pace, Amelia is already having rice twice a day and she is only on week 2, plus at lunch time i offer her a taster of something new (same thing for a week i am planning on) this week it is 2 teaspoons of mashed banana.

After i have finished feeding her i tend to let her play with the spoon (supervised otherwise she tends to jab herself in the eye!)

Good luck it is fun, seeing them enjoy all these new things !

ahh i should have added that it is suggested trying the new foods around lunch time. Just incase it upsets their tummy you don't want to be putting them to bed too soon, after a couple of days of the same food you should know whether they have any allergies.
After that i personally would advise giving the rice after their last milk before bed.

oh ok thanks whisper..

my lo has started waking up during the night for a feed- which is why i started her on baby rice now...
When should she start sleeping through again?

Introducing solids doesn't neccessarily mean they will start sleeping through, but saying that Amelia has been sleeping like an angel these last few nights, i put her down at 8ish and she sleeps till around 5am, quick feed then down again till 8am.

How old is your LO?

I do think part of getting them to sleep through is educating them to fall asleep by themselves, and some babies never do :(

I always put courtney down awake and it works some nights better than others... tonight it has worked very well but it was still at 10.15pm.... she has her last feed at 8.30pm!! Cannot wait until she goes to bed earlier.... is there anyway I can try and get her to do this??

whisper- she is 5 and a half months now. up until a week ago she was sleeping from 8pm till 4am.. but since last week has been waking up at 12 for a feed..
Thats why i started her on baby rice now...

Leeds- my lo use to sleep at various times when she was younger & it drove me mad so i started feeding her a little earlier around 7-7.30pm and then patting her/rocking her to sleep.. gradually she started sleeping around 8ish and now she herself wants to sleep at that time...

i spoke to soon early she woke... and Ive had to cradle her and rock her to sleep... just put her back in her cot... bless her!!

I def need to start feeding her earlier :) thankyou!!

I usually give Jasmine her rice cereal before bed... She goes to bed around 9, but she is quite easy to put down and is starting to sleep until 5:30ish

leeds- is that the fisheprice 'rainforest' jumparoo thingy Courtney is in??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->