How do I find a Doula

Shiv

Mummy to Sophia and Cora
Reaction score
Hello, I am serioulsy considering a home birth as my husband will have to be away on business late on in my pregnancy, and I feel a home birth will give me some security of not having to worry about getting to the hospital and having someone look after Sophia.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I think a Doula sounds like a really good idea, and i was wondering how I go about finding one in my area (i livein Berkshire)

Hello :)

The best places to start your search for a doula are Doula UK and The Doula Directory.

You can also google to see if there are any other doulas local to you that are not members of Doula UK. All doulas on the directory or members of DUK have attended accredited courses and work to a specific philosophy and code of conduct.

Don't be afraid to speak to a few doulas as the personal connection is the most important part of your relationship. We all know each other and there is no competition. So at least talk to a few on the phone to see who you think you would 'click' with and then yu can narrow down who you interview.

All th best!! x

Good luck! I have one and she is excellent - worth her weight in gold!

I had a home birth and I couldn't have done it without a doula!! They're amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->